WRXnate's 08 WRX (EWG videos page 2)

Nate

Founding Father
So as I'm sitting here today, I realize that I've never really done a formal thread about my car. I have recently (nearly) completed a major change to the car and instead of just tossing up some pictures I thought I might go back and start from the beginning.

This will include a complete mod list as of 1-24-2010

Engine/Drivetrain:

VF-52

TSUDO DP Heat wrapped and sprayed black

IAG external wastgate up pipe Heat wrapped and sprayed black

Tial 38mm EWG

SPT catback

Perrin intake

TurboXS manual boost controller

Perrin TMIC (black)

Perrin BPV (black)

Walbro 255 pump

1 step colder plugs

GTspec lightweight crank pulley (tensioner added)

SPT boost guage

Innovate LC-1 wideband w/guage

Kartboy STS

COBB bushings

hand made delrin shift knob (2" shorter)

STI tranny mount

Tactrix openport 2.0

Suspension:

Swift springs

STI rear sway bar

Exterior:

Debadged sport grill

Perrin shorty antenna

Custom made hood scoop grill

Blacked/cleared headlights

DDM 5k HID lowbeam and fogs

Spray tinted tails

Painted chrome trunk strip

Painted lower rear valance

STI lip

18" KR-210's (summer) w/TPMS

17 Rota tarmacs (winter) w/ TPMS

Wingless trunk lid (swapped)

Rally Armor UR flaps

Thule ski rack with hand made low mounts

Factory tow hook

Interior:

35% tint

Auto-dimming mirror.

LED Interior lighting

SPT footwell lighting (red)

Cubby light swapped to red

rubber mats (winter)

Seat mod

Subaru Trunk nets

The most recent additions were the: turbo swap, EWG, changed to a new DP, TMIC, MBC, and don't forget the tuning done be Brendan Griffen (BrenTuning) in Mass. He has been working back and forth e-tuning my car for weeks now. The car is finally running strong after working through issues with boost leaks, and MBC problems. Im sitting right around 19psi, but now with the new TMIC, we will be working to push the tune further, and safely up the boost without worry of killing my factory TMIC.

Right now I'm in winter mode, but looking at future plans: my summer wheels are as we speak sitting at the powder coater for a reworking. They should look nice for spring. Im looking at getting PnP manifolds, with high flow cross pipe. My cat back will be getting hightemp coated as well as most of my exhaust work. Also I may think of replacing my MBC again with something different. Im still having some issues with dropping too much boost toward redline, and we think its contributed to my current MBC. Im looking at the Hallman with the remote cable you can run into the cab. Should make for easier adjustments.

104_1962.jpg

104_1963.jpg

100_1667.jpg

100_1877.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

Turbo setup:

104_1916.jpg

Winter mode pics:

104_1926.jpg

104_1961.jpg

104_1959.jpg

Special Thanks:

A special thanks goes out to EG for putting up with all my crazy parts orders, and having my car in and out of their shop, a lot.

To M&A for helping me diagnose some recent issues, and giving their time whether at there shop or on the phone.

To Gabe for bailing me out with parts with no notice, and the best prices on used parts.

Bren Tuning for getting my car back to running right. Knowing your stuff, and diagnosing issues from data logs while 200 miles away.

Biggest thanks to Jami (Ferrari) who has help we work on this car from day one. He has always been there till the job was done no questions. Thanks for being someone to count on! Your help = Priceless!

screw the pics. this car can't be fully appreciated till you see it in person. come to the meets people and check it out. keep it up nate, love the car

Fastest corola ive ever seen:lol: but seriously nicest 08 on here and I bet it rips with that new stuff you put on.

I love the setup Nate, fifth pic really takes the cake!... I wanna go for a ride in it sometime! Bet she hauls...

***Added a special thanks to the bottom of the OP***

Thanks fellas! The car is such a pleasure to drive. Its a very capable daily driver with some ZIP! I'm with Mark, the pictures don't do it justice typically. It has to be seen in person to appreciate.

As for power, I'm not 100% sure where I am right now. But after some more tweaking I plan on getting it on a dyno to find out. I have a connection at CMCC so I'll have it on the dyno soon. I'm shooting for the 300 to the wheels mark. I think i'll be there no problem.

I wonder if your engine has more power than your firetruck's diesel...

You should get that truck to a dyno too!
default_tongue.png

I can say no to that for sure. Those motors are HUGE. 650hp Detroit turbo diesels. The turbo is gigantic.

Updated. I guess I got that recirculating BPV sooner then I though. I pulled the trigger on one, should be here in a day or so. I will get pics of the wheels soon, I should be getting them back from the coaters mid week. And I still want to get up some videos of the car running by so you can all hear the exhaust. Its intoxicating! Who has a video camera?

love wrx nateif i lived closer or was goin to be up your way i would gladly use my peice of crap camera to film it but i probably wont be up there for a while

amazing car nate. i'll admit the new sedans aren't my favorite but i can't help grin looking at yours. very nice work, job well done. how did you make the delrin shift knob?

Back