WRXnate's 08 WRX (EWG videos page 2)

Bren is a good guy. I asked in NESIC for help flashing me a base map just to get rid of some CEL. He volunteered and when I got there we ended up spending almost an hour doing a road tune for my stage 1.

Is the vf52 the 09 WRX turbo?

Yes hes awesome! He really is going above and beyond at this point.

The VF-52 is the 09 WRX turbo. Because the newest generation WRX's share the turbo/intercooler/intake setup from the LGT, the casing is much different then previous years. In 09 when Subaru decided they needed to make a faster car they took the VF-48 (08+ STI turbo) and shoved it into a new casing that works with the LGT style intercooler setup.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I just got my 18" summer wheels back from the powder coater today. They came out AWESOME!

He did the wheels in a super wet powder, and heavy on the clearcoat. He also disassembled the centercaps and coated the outer aluminum ring black also. It was a plain anodized aluminum.

Couple of the pictures show the new black Muteki lug nuts (thanks JNA) sitting in place (note the center caps are just sitting in place and not snapped in at this point) Sorry about the dust on them in a couple pictures.

104_1969.jpg

104_1970.jpg

104_1971.jpg

104_1973.jpg

Thanks! They really did come out nice. Pictures don't do them justice. I'm very excited to get these mounted.

Yep, gloss black. Pics don't do them justice. I have some thoughts of having some custom center cap decals made to cover the silver part left of the center cap.

Just curious here Nate, but what sways/sizes do you have?

I'm thinking about going with a 25mm front and 20mm rear, but I'm not sure if the tribeca bar will be too stiff for me.

Im running 21mm front 18mm rear. Its a nice combo for me. Stiffer then stock, so it makes for better handling, but also more of a neutral handling then factory which it typically set up with too much understeer. This changed the bias to add a bit of oversteer by stiffening up the rear more then the front. Its a very streetable upgrade to me. Its def made a huge difference. Bigger might be WAY better when it comes to auto-x and what not, but you need to be careful about going too big for all year around daily driving. What might be good for auto-x on dry tar might make for poor handling in the snow. I might eventually go a tad stiffer but like the change for now. If i do go stiffer in the future, I will try to pick a setup to keep a more neutral to slightly more oversteer as I have now.

Yah, actually I picked out a setup that I most likely will get if I go that way. It will be a 22/20 at most. I may even chose to just get hardened bushings and bigger endlinks first, and see how I like that. Im not 100% sure I's sold on really needing bars that big.

Back