2007 Murdered STi

No I took it with a crappy video camera hahaha. Its supposedly HD
default_tongue.png

On and on like the maintenance bills will. Do you know how much an oil change costs at the dealer in my S4? $98. 8+ quarts of synthetic oil.

Yea but look at what im dealing with now. Theres no way its as bad as that. I can deal with the oil changes.

yes but you dug the hole your in its not the cars fault so just ride it out and have fun in your up and coming 450hp awd monster
default_tongue.png

On and on like the maintenance bills will. Do you know how much an oil change costs at the dealer in my S4? $98. 8+ quarts of synthetic oil.
What are you talking about "on and on maintenace bills"??? Bmw's are very very reliable... Also it does take about 8.5gts of oil but it also doesn't have to bee changed as often because it uses higher quality filters and cooling systems for the oil as well as a higher compacity. It may take 2x as much oil but that's really not that bad when you look at the fact that the factory change(a joke is at 15000 miles) so if you change it every 5k you are safe.

Also with a car like Nates he is going to have on going issues with it that need to be checked like turbo gaskets, coupler leaks, blowing turbos, awd tires(having to relace all 4 at once), axils not handeling the power, etc etc...

The M5 will last forever! but if you are going to get a bimmer get this one!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=669940 I WISH I COULD OWN THIS CAR! HE HAS A $600 intake lol for those who dont know it has a 328i motor with m3 s52 cams (not a direct fit only s50 are direct fit) this car would make about 230-250whp (his tune is super safe as I have seen this set up make the numbers I am saying oh and with boost it will make insane numbers) and be fun to drive still getting about 28+mpg on the highway

Well my dreams of the m5 might have just gotten shut down. The insurance is 1400 more for a 6 month policy.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Nate, I like the M5, but the ownership costs, even compared to our
default_additional_sillylol.gif
STIs, is a real bee-atch. Modifications? Wicked, wicked high-dollar.

I'm dropping the STi at ESP on Monday, they're going over it and re-tuning it, and we're also going to an ECU-controlled boost, instead of a manual controller. I will get the max boost from the Green, and (sadly) a 91oc map....And hopefully this will be It for a while.

Back to BMWs... I really like the 1-Series, that 300hp motor, combined with some "M" options, will still set you back < $40K- with a sweet maintenance plan (total for 3/36K) and a good overall warranty. Then, dump it at 35K.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I like the 135i a lot too. The only problem is I took one for a spin and it wasnt quite to the power levels I want. So then I would have to start changing things and you know where that ends up. The M5 already has pleny of power the only thing it requires is a mild cat back exhaust so you can hear that v10 roar. Insurance is a huge cost with that car and then like you said maintenance but im wondering how much more would it really cost then what im already spending. Plus its an M5 I mean come on how bad ass is that. The car was like 95k brand new. I also looked at e46 m3's but once again it would need to be modded and apparently they care for forced induction besides its super expensive.

Yea I like the 135i a lot too. The only problem is I took one for a spin and it wasnt quite to the power levels I want. So then I would have to start changing things and you know where that ends up. The M5 already has pleny of power the only thing it requires is a mild cat back exhaust so you can hear that v10 roar. Insurance is a huge cost with that car and then like you said maintenance but im wondering how much more would it really cost then what im already spending. Plus its an M5 I mean come on how bad ass is that. The car was like 95k brand new. I also looked at e46 m3's but once again it would need to be modded and apparently they care for forced induction besides its super expensive.
Subies give you the best bang for the buck
default_eek.gif

And his engine has gone "bang" and needed to be replaced over... and over...
default_eek.gif
default_additional_iam.gif
You don`t have to be a nasty bastid about it. Nate should just buy a Spec B and mod that. Then he can be stealthy,fast and ride in comfort
default_biggrin.png

I was just looking at how much aftermarket stuff costs for an 06 M5. Another big plus is I cant afford any of it so that would keep me from changing anything. Plus even is you reflash the ecu get an intake and a cat back exhaust you gaine maybe 40 hp and it costs about 10k hahaha

Back