2007 Murdered STi

^just like the one the kid had on the dyno the day I had my car tuned and i made more power than him.....I still would love one of those cars tho

oh no..... that's aweful. find another used something rather that will fit your budget... just get the car on the road.

Aw Nate.

Again, I'm sorry.

Mine's at ESP now, am hoping for a pleasant outcome, for a change.

I'm taking a break from car madness shortly, am off to London/Amsterdam with the GF for some R&R.

(Museums, architecture, great food, killer shopping, and yes, good coffee.)
default_additional_hail.gif

for 11 days, I hope to gain a fresh perspective on lots of things, this build included.

I suggest you take a break. Take a month and IGNORE it.

Then, come back with an attack plan and conquer this biznitch once and for all.

I'm not getting "beat" by my STi, don't get too discouraged bro, we're in the same boat-ski, most days.

To hell with "used" parts, that's why his car doesn't run, in the first place.

Too much corner-cutting = FAIL.

Doing it Right, the first time = fewer>no repeats.

A simple, expensive lesson that some of you would do well to heed.

Aw Nate.Again, I'm sorry.

Mine's at ESP now, am hoping for a pleasant outcome, for a change.

I'm taking a break from car madness shortly, am off to London/Amsterdam with the GF for some R&R.

(Museums, architecture, great food, killer shopping, and yes, good coffee.)
default_additional_sillylol.gif

for 11 days, I hope to gain a fresh perspective on lots of things, this build included.

I suggest you take a break. Take a month and IGNORE it.

Then, come back with an attack plan and conquer this biznitch once and for all.

I'm not getting "beat" by my STi, don't get too discouraged bro, we're in the same boat-ski, most days.
I wouldnt mind taking a month off if I had a killer trip to amsterdam
default_smile.png
. For now all I have to keep me pre occupied is work and the gf.

Go and enjoy your fine "coffee"
default_biggrin.png

I wouldnt mind taking a month off if I had a killer trip to amsterdam
default_additional_sillylol.gif
. For now all I have to keep me pre occupied is work and the gf.
Go and enjoy your fine "coffee"
default_biggrin.png
I hope by coffee you mean hookers. Watch out for the
default_smile.png

wait... so you can still rebuild for $400? i was under the impression that it was all the way junk like not worth rebuilding. get that thing fixed and back in the car.

Good luck with it, and I just want to congratulate you, because you must have one hell of a job to support this car!!! I can only dream and I bust my ass every day!!! Nice car love the pics!!

Good luck with it, and I just want to congratulate you, because you must have one hell of a job to support this car!!! I can only dream and I bust my ass every day!!! Nice car love the pics!!
Thanks man I appreciate it.

I really don't wish this on anyone. This car is honestly tearing my life my health my relationships with friends and my girlfriend and job apart. It has been so far from being worth it. I am extremely proud of what I have made with my blood, sweat, and tears but at what cost? This car has gone way beyond the money for me it is my life. I am not rich and every little (or big) thing that breaks is a challenge. I have poured every penny I have made into this and I am alone in keeping under control what I created.

Ever since I have been able to work I made crap for money until I stumbled upon at&t and for the last three years have been working my ass off selling phones to build this car. I am starting to believe I am cursed since some days it seems like god himself doesn't want me to succeed with this project. For every battle I win I get smashed down by something else. The stress of worrying about what will break next or what obstacle is unbearable sometimes but it will always be there. Im not sure how much longer I will continue to put up with it.
default_smile.png

Nate, I feel your pain.

This deep in to a build, there's really no escape, unless you want to lose your a$$, is the Bottom Line.

Mine's at ESP right now, and since I didn't get a "your car has exploded/imploded/combusted/otherwise failed ...call....I consider it a good day in Tuning-Land.

My body kit is in, and that, along with the wing, the Hellas and the JDM big fogs, will be installed (body kit, test-fitted) by the time I get back from the EU.

Then I shop paint, and go from there.

(That is, IF my car doesn't go BLAM! on ESP's dyno.)

Fwiw, I specified that they spend an hour going over the motor install before any dyno, just to check that at 6500 miles on the new motor, everything is still tight and working properly. Let's hope that a single, $70 shop hour finds nothing amiss, or if it does, that it saved my ass. Imo everyone ought to do this before a dyno, if you're not a tech yourself. This theory, I developed from Nate's misadventures/misfortunes.

Nate, I also realized that in order to build a bonified race car, such as we have, that you have to have a sheet-pile of disposable income.

Even for a Subaru. Damn.

Back