April 24 Rochester RallyX

Its all in fun guys, if you dont do it every day I wouldn't worry about it. I'm doing it to see if I like it, im pretty sure I will! If not, im sure it will be fun anyways!

So I just wanted to say that I just put my registration in the mail for this event!! Can't wait!

So just a few questions, about a helmet. Since this would be my first rally, I don't have one. Someone have on I can loan? I don't want to go buy one and never use it again. I want to see if I like rallying to start with, etc.

It would be awesome if I could borrow one.

Also, what class would my GL be in? Would I have a hard time registering because it's lifted and pretty modded? (no power mods... heh, just driveline and lift).

1. There's loaners there.

2. I need to go find your build thread to give my assesment. Un momento per favore.

Sono tornato.

It's not that tall, you'll be alright. Personally...I wouldn't put in in stock class...prepared at least...just based on the rules, but will anyone protest it if you run stock...probably not.

Tires are 205/75/14 (i'm 99% sure). M+S rated. They don't say anything about truck on them afaik, I don't know what the light truck designation is.

Engine swap, but to a less powerful engine ...

4wd tranny swap, but they can come stock like that too.

skid plate

2" lift. that's the most of the major mods.

Personally I don't really care what class I end up in, I don't care if I end up dead last in every event, I just want to get muddy and have fun!

Thanks for the advice guys!

Personally I don't really care what class I end up in, I don't care if I end up dead last in every event, I just want to get muddy and have fun!

that's what I like to hear. Fun you will have. See you there

Nice Nice, I guess when I get there ill look for a Subie group and ill park next to ya'll! Can't wait!

Sent my monies in da mail to Kathy today. Wicked pumped for this one, especially after not driving (and regretting) the CMC winter one.

Tires are 205/75/14 (i'm 99% sure). M+S rated. They don't say anything about truck on them afaik, I don't know what the light truck designation is.Engine swap, but to a less powerful engine ...

4wd tranny swap, but they can come stock like that too.

skid plate

2" lift. that's the most of the major mods.

Light truck tire would have an LT designation in from the of the sizing numbers instead of a P.

Can't wait!!! So excited! Its going to be really nice out and everything! Good day all in all for tomorrow i hope!

Made it back to Auburn with car intact.

Amazing day.

Met Mr rawfuel3, sorry I wasn't too chatty, I was trying not to fall over due to my back KILLING me. Gonna be a heavy duty Tylenol night. For some reason I thought you had a leggy wagon, so I assumed you didn't show; otherwise I woulda gone outta my way to say hey.

I'll have a super crazy in depth analysis writeup of my experience at this event posted later. I learned a metric ton and have a lot of stuff to blab on about.

I really wish I could make this. I wasn't feeling to well today. To sick to drive 2 hours then rally
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Yes yes, I had a blast too! Met Dan and was a little chatty with RallyKat, she helped me out today. Was really fun! Turned a lot of heads today according to my friend who was watching me. With me Running 18's and the massive blow off valve that I had, I guess I really had people surprised! All in all it was a good day.....besides me LF fog light deciding it didn't want to go along with the ride and tried to jump out from the car :-P I smashed it up....only got 1 foglight now :-( Oh well, life goes on!

Sweet pics Ty. Would you be able to send me the full size unedited versions of my car? That would be siiiiick.

edit: dur dur flickr has full size option. Can I just get the unedited version of the first pic then?

edit edit edit: The first pic is in there unedited too. I'm all set. Thanks for the pics again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back