In before the close!

Rob, how do you like that CVT tranny? And I agree, the baja is not a brat, it was a sad attempt to replace that badassery and it failed.
I got the CVT because it gets better mileage than the stick shift. The stick shift will give you better aceleration if that`s what you want. The final drive gearing is like 4.10 for the stick and 3.70 for the CVT thus providing less revs while cruising. Yesterday on my way to the meet on 95 at 70 I was only turning 2000 revs. The CVT tranny sounds different than a geared auto tranny. Years ago stick shift always got better mileage the an auto. Not so with todays modern CVT trannys. The XV is the most economical awd crossover in the USA. Stick is more fun to drive. I had a great time with my 07 Spec B with 6 spd stick, but than again that was a sports sedan.

That's what I do, I have the Outback and a GMC Sierra
I'd have either my car or a WRX, then for my truck it would be a Chevy 2500HD with a 6 inch lift and 35's... it would be beast, I'd have to get the step ladders to get into it though... but it would be worth it.
default_smile.png

Put a tarp in it, fill it with hot water, instant hot tub. You can certainly get a girl into that! LOL Redneck Subaru hot tub FTW! Just eat some beans, and you'll have bubbles soon enough... =P
Let me rephrase that. Me and a girl. I'd have to sit Indian style.El camino on the other hand!

I'd have either my car or a WRX, then for my truck it would be a Chevy 2500HD with a 6 inch lift and 35's... it would be beast, I'd have to get the step ladders to get into it though... but it would be worth it.
default_smile.png
Scrap the lift and the 35's, trucks are for work, cars are to look pretty! Plus, a truck like that makes it look like you are compensating for something.... If you know what I mean.

Scrap the lift and the 35's, trucks are for work, cars are to look pretty! Plus, a truck like that makes it look like you are compensating for something.... If you know what I mean.
HAHAHAHA my truck needs to look good.. and I'm a girl, so I don't need to worry about trying to make something look bigger hahahaha. I've just always loved huge jacked up trucks. Well I guess I'd have a truck like that to make up for being so short haha. They make me feel big for once. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the CVT because it gets better mileage than the stick shift. The stick shift will give you better aceleration if that`s what you want. The final drive gearing is like 4.10 for the stick and 3.70 for the CVT thus providing less revs while cruising. Yesterday on my way to the meet on 95 at 70 I was only turning 2000 revs. The CVT tranny sounds different than a geared auto tranny. Years ago stick shift always got better mileage the an auto. Not so with todays modern CVT trannys. The XV is the most economical awd crossover in the USA. Stick is more fun to drive. I had a great time with my 07 Spec B with 6 spd stick, but than again that was a sports sedan.
My grandparents bought a newer outback with the CVT and I've driven it a little bit it just feels.... mushy or something, it's odd to not feel/have gear changes. I don't know, maybe I'm just not sold on them yet, then again I haven't spent much time driving one. I wish my car was a spec b, I CANNOT wait to get rid of my LGT.

HAHAHAHA my truck needs to look good.. and I'm a girl, so I don't need to worry about trying to make something look bigger hahahaha. I've just always loved huge jacked up trucks. Well I guess I'd have a truck like that to make up for being so short haha. They make me feel big for once. 
I'll probably get kicked off ms for saying this, But I love my truck more than my subie. She may not be the prettiest thing, but she's my baby!200737_10150128867484759_3119993_n.jpg

My grandparents bought a newer outback with the CVT and I've driven it a little bit it just feels.... mushy or something, it's odd to not feel/have gear changes. I don't know, maybe I'm just not sold on them yet, then again I haven't spent much time driving one. I wish my car was a spec b, I CANNOT wait to get rid of my LGT.
I test drove  an outback and XV back to back over the same loop. Even though the outback has an 2.5 to the XV`s 2.0 the XV felt more responsive, better throttle response. The XV has a firmer ride and weighs 400 lbs. less than an outback.

Back