Nate's OBS: Out Front

So it turns out one of my spark plug wires wasn't fully clipped into the plug. No CEL though. I went ahead and pushed it inwards and it popped on: will pay extra special attention to see if what I thought was "drivetrain slop" has gone away.

Loose plug wire won't change bushing issues. Whenever you do anything electrical, plugs, connectors, etc. whatever. Make sure you get a click from everything when you seat it together.

My shuddering is back. I'm going to go ahead and say that its the fact that the idle air control solenoid has a broken hose fitting.

Before I take this car out to Seattle, I'm going to need to fix that, get diff/trans fluids changed, get new tires for my 16" 5-spokes, and make sure the wheels are round, since I noticed a highway shuddering since swapping them.

meh, I don't want to pay VIP again just to check my wheels.

Before I take this car out to Seattle, I'm going to need to fix that, get diff/trans fluids changed, get new tires for my 16" 5-spokes, and make sure the wheels are round, since I noticed a highway shuddering since swapping them.
Do it.
default_cool.png

This is the hose that I/Dan broke the barb/fitting for on the IACS/IACV

What does it do, how important is this line? Its not throwing a CEL.

This is the hose that I/Dan broke the barb/fitting for on the IACS/IACV

What does it do, how important is this line? Its not throwing a CEL.
no love?

Also, things to do:

get new tires (leaning towards hankook ventus v12, are they quiet enough for a low-performance 3300mile drive?)

valve cover gaskets

general once-over by someone who knows cars (mikey?)

get a heavy duty grill for my subwoofer so suitcases and stuff don't rip my speaker

decide what I'm doing about the IACV

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove country across with grabbers and it was fine. The Hankooks are very quiet, and theres a 60 dollar rebate on them right now.
default_cool.png

I just noticed that rebate. I just can't find anyone local who sells them. Where did you get yours?

Matt, VIP doesn't have an online or PDF catalog, do they sell Hankook Ventus V12 Evos?

When are you doing the valve cover gaskets? I'm thinking of taking that ram air intake that you have off your hands if your still selling it, you know im good for the work

nope nothing online nate, they want you in the store so they can sell you something.....they can get you any tire you want, its just a matter of what theyll charge you....do some research before you commit.

When are you doing the valve cover gaskets? I'm thinking of taking that ram air intake that you have off your hands if your still selling it, you know im good for the work
Some time in the next 2 weeks I hope. Its not that I don't think you can do it, its just that I need the car to be up to snuff for the 3300 mile drive ahead of us, and my parents want it done at some place with a guarantee because of that.

If I was driving my car across country, I'd just throw a spare drivetrain in the trunk and say eff it. I'll be fine. haha.

Not saying you shouldn't do valve cover gaskets... But if they don't get done, the world isn't going to end.

So its not the IAC solenoid after all, its the purge solenoid.

Also, trying to decide between building a better light bar or just drilling through my bumper and mounting my lights right to that, in front of the grill.

Pros of the drill-through:

- It's easier

- It's cheaper (two bolts as opposed to a bunch of metal)

Pros of the bar:

- It has room for more lights

- It is easier to remove than the two lights done right through the bumper, though if its sturdy enough, not that easy...

unless your bumper is steel ( if outer, than no) don't try mounting lights to it. they wont be very sturdy, and you run the risk of craking stuff. as a rule I try not to permanently alter anything ont he outside of the car

Back