2007 Murdered STi

Its called pimping on a budget.

Good thing I had an extra o2 sensor just chillin at Ferrari's. What are the odds of that.

that's not your type of luck
default_biggrin.png

Well I put the other o2 sensor in and now something else is f'd up. It was running great for a little bit. Now when I go into boost hit about maybe 10psi it bogs right down. I cant find any leaks on the intercooler piping. I will look again.

default_biggrin.png
dude, I am sorry and feel bad for U....absolutely bitter the crap that UR dealing with right now. I sincerely hope this all changes for the best and U can ride again. If U have half the *** timing I do UR car will B repaired and 100% just in time to drive it inside for the winter.

We need someone to photoshop a picture of two STi's, a black one and pewter one in cute little debutante' dresses prancing around a garage....argh... I just made myself naseous:rant:

I will now kick the deadbolt on both of our behalves...

Thank you for kicking the deadbolt for me. Im trying to figure out where or how I can effeciently part this thing back to stock because it is just too much to deal with. If I can think of a way or place to do this then I will meantime I will try to get it running again. This may take weeks or months but I no longer have the energy or will to deal with this anymore.

I will decide pricing on everything on the car and be looking for stock parts as replacements.

Ahhh its so tough to come home and see my car in the driveway it really makes me think twice about getting rid of it. What do you guys think am I crazy? Should I keep trying to get the sti right or move on to a m3?

dude dont do it.....

honestly you are soo deep in (financially also) that you might as well save up and get some decent tuning (make it safe not overly aggressive) and drive it. just get it running. you will have a new found love for it if you could just can drive it.

you need to keep this thing for 5 years and suck it up and pay out your way out of this mess. the money you will lose on this, and the money you will have to roll into the new car will be astronomical. you will buy the M3 drive it off the lot and it will be worht half what you owe on it. you will be SOOOOOOO far upside down it will make your head spin.

Well I would be able to pay this car down to a very fair amount and have money for a down payment on a m3 with the mods I would sell. I still just dont know if its worth it for me though. It will be a lot of work to put this back to stock and then I am going to have a stock m3. I just dont know. Its almost torture dealing with this car day after day of issues but if I could only get it fixed and stay that way for awhile.

i mean i cant be 100% for sure..... but i just feel like you're sooooo close. you're giving up when you almost have this thing licked.

you just need to work out the bugs of having it tuned with a crap 02 sensor. (dont know how the tuner missed that honestly though)

it soo close I can taste it but just so many little things going wrong its driving me nuts

-----Added 8/20/2009 at 08:12:30-----

Alright im going to try and stick with it. Im kinda embarrassed about *****ing all the time. I just love this car too much.

The "tuner" that Nate's been using, Matt at DSG, could NOT tune my STi, either.

Nate, the car is NOT the issue, it's DSG that's sucking, yet again.

Take the car to ESP-they didn't miss my o2 sensor, (FAIL!!) in fact, they replaced it before the tune.

Crap shop, NOT a crap car, imvho, & I have a list of DSG FAILS to my car, & tune, to prove it.

Get a new tuner, & stop mucking around.

To much to read through on this forum, but what kind of engine management are you using on your vehicle? Depending on which one I would recommned you to go to EFI Logics or ECS in Connecticut, both tuners at those shops are highly recommended in the Subaru community around the country

Back