Beep Beep Imma Jeep

why would you want the volume at max anyway? :)Are the rear speakers the upgraded ones you got from a junkyard?
Don't need it max, the jeep is noisy on the highway, so I need some volume. Especially since I listen to a lot of talk radio. And yeah, the rears are the alpines. They sound like DONKEY sometimes, probably need a head unit and to go over the wiring.

my jeep radio did the same weird low volume crap....
Yep, the radio is a Chrysler part, and considering Chrysler can't wire their way out of a paper bag.

Rubicon Express lift if you lift it. There are none better, I had aone on my Grand a few years ago. Also check out Kevin's Offroad

Somethin' just plum done broke on mah Jeep.

Cletus is comin' o'er so we can crack sum bee-aaahhsss 'n figger out wut she broke!

*dukes of hazard horn*

I've done a few on the 4.0 engine, it's actually pretty easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click play then keep reading:

Welcome to everyone's favorite game show of.....

TEST

THAT

COMPRESSION!!!!!!

*crowd cheers*

I'm your host 2point5RS_Dan.

Our contestant today is a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4.0!!!!!

*crowd cheers*

Are you ready to play?

First cylinder:

Second cylinder:

Third cylinder:

Fourth cylinder:

Fifth cylinder:

Six cylinder:

TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON!!!!!!!!!!

A BLOWN HEAD GASKET!!!!!

*crowd goes wild*

http://www.cyberjeep.com/xj/pr/gasket-set-upper

Need to put the mustang motor in this weekend. I should get the bike running and sell it first. Then grab some beers and do the jeep head gasket. Too much junk to work on.

I wish subaru gaskets were that cheap.

Hell, you can't even buy half a head gasket for that...

Thanks to Chris's posting of awesome outdoor stuff in his GL thread....

okgcE.png

Now to find the time to actually do it inbetween the LOVING mustang and getting the bike running/sold.

I'm glad I could be of inspiration.

Damn that's cheap... When I got head gaskets from EG it was like "$150 please, and you're on your way"

Can you put dirt bike tires on your bike and offroad it
default_biggrin.png
:D

I'm glad I could be of inspiration.

Damn that's cheap... When I got head gaskets from EG it was like "$150 please, and you're on your way"

Can you put dirt bike tires on your bike and offroad it
default_biggrin.png
:D
I might pick up the mopar .043 performance head gasket which may add more to the budget... We'll see. I still need head bolts, might get lifters too. I'll probably buy more parts once I get the thing cracked open. Hopefully I don't have to do any machine shop work. I'm being lazy with this.

And dirt bike tires probably wont be the best on a Ninja 250. I need to see the damn thing.

Hmm, yea. Might be wise to at least have the head checked for flatness at a machine shop. With such a long head, it'll warp easy.

I might pick up the mopar .043 performance head gasket which may add more to the budget... We'll see. I still need head bolts, might get lifters too. I'll probably buy more parts once I get the thing cracked open. Hopefully I don't have to do any machine shop work. I'm being lazy with this.

And dirt bike tires probably wont be the best on a Ninja 250. I need to see the damn thing.
I almost put all terrains on my ninja250 when the rear went bald from too many halfassed brakestands.

On a jeep note, at least have the head checked while its out, better to fix it now than reassemble and have to take it apart again later

If it overheated at all definately get the head checked for warp. I had mine done by a machine shop in mt vernon. Overall easy job if your not afraid to climb up an sit on the motor. Make sure you label everything and put rockers etc. back in exactly the same place they came from. As long as you do that and follow the torque patterns, and teflon the one bolt that's in the coolant you should be set. Let me know if you need help or tools I did this to mine last spring. I think you need a 12 point socket on certain ones that is deep but also big enough to fit over the head bolt.

Back