FWD Coupe

Picked up a set of 14" alloys off a 95 impreza. They need a new paint job but came with all seasons with 75% tread. Also have my snow tires waiting for me to drop my steel wheels off.

(null)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I got new snow tires, then it rained, all the snow melted, and it doesn't look like it's going to snow ever again all winter... Beginning to think snow tires were a waste of money
default_tongue.png

Lol... these may be going back to the seller. Went to mount them and found a bulge in the sidewall that I didn't catch. Would have been really nice to just mount them and run them. If not I will just have my current summer tires mounted on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I thought you were against used tires.... I even went and bought brand new ones per your advise
default_tongue.png

Or... just because it's a random size I can't get used...

The tires on the wheels are used but on wheels. It also shows that buying something someone else ran is very risky. The snow tires are brand new and NOT cheap at all.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The tires on the wheels are used but on wheels. It also shows that buying something someone else ran is very risky. The snow tires are brand new and NOT cheap at all.
OH brand new snow tires have a bulge??! I'm confused...

No... used tires have a bulge. Snow tires are going on in the morning, I didnt have enough time to get them on today so they studded them and have them all set to go when I show up.

Used tires is where it's at! Just have to make sure you inspect them well!
I'm kicking myself, I should have looked closer.

I will say that I wish these had been good. They are 185/70 instead of 175/70. They fill the wheel wells nicely.

Well I've made some progress. Stripped the clear with Mar Hyde Tal-Strip. Now I'm sanding them to remove the surface corrosion or whatever it is. Anyone have an easier way other then media blasting?

(null)

So the noise I have been hearing for 2-3 months was diagnosed as a throw-out bearing on USMB. Well if I'm doing that much I might as well put a new clutch in as I have managed to slip it a few times lately, under heavy take off. My question is do I pull the engine or drop the transmission? I know if I pull the engine a good amount has to come off the engine, as in power steering, a/c, wires and such. Also fluids would have to be replaced.

Dropping the transmission only requires me to disconnect the cv-shaft, pop out the few sensors and speed-o cable, and unbolt everything from the trans. I have a good size garage I can use and a floor jack, atv jack(its low and has two contact points so I think it would work well to drop the trans), and 6 ton jack stands which I can get my car up there quite a ways on.

What are your opinions on this?

Back