Nate's OBS: Out Front

I already have
default_additional_sillylol.gif
. I'm not a member yet though.

over the years I have heard mixed results about the ebay lights for gc and gd cars. Some are fine forever, so leak after a month. I was thinking about the crystal clear head lamps for our 97obs. But I have bigger fish to fry with that tractor. If you do get ebay stuff keep your original stuff just incase.

That's what I was planning on doing. I figured its only $20 shipped, I won't lose out too bad if they don't work.

I do like the idea of wheels and winter tires first though, for sure.

Yeah the stiffer mounts will stop some of the "ca chunk" noise and feel. Its a nice upgrade

Oh and I like the pics with out the hubcabs, looks burly:D

Drive your car the way you bought it for a while. You'll learn a hell of a lot more about how it handles and how to handle it if you leave it stock for the time being. Upgraded suspension is a recipe for disaster at this point.

Plus later on when you're actually ready for suspension upgrades, you'll appreciate them more.

Anyway, I found a neat guide on NASIOC for removing the paint and/or stars from the back of the Subaru Emblem. I'm thinking of painting mine pink and either leaving the stars silver or making them black/WRB.

I also want to do something similar to the badges on the back, but I can't decide what. Debadge "SUBARU" and paint the Outback outline pink?

So I hung out for a bit tonight at KrazyKarpenter's house with him and 2.5RS dan. Dan was changing oil + filters (oil and air) and I was learning. Some of the stuff he learned me about was kind of obvious (like where the tranny was, lol
default_eek.gif
). It was cool how easy Chris (Krazy) cleared up Dan's headlights from the outside with some simple rubbing compound.

I had them smell my car after starting it, and they said the fuel smell could be from a bad cat., which I had the CEL for a few day sago... That's going to be expensive if Norm's won't fix it, right?

They also confirmed that the grinding reverse is normal, although still painful whenever it happens.

ok, no comments? fine

Nate wtf, I thought you were joking about resetting my posts? I'll have to make a script that posts spam in the postwhore thread

So I'm looking to buy an emergency kit today. I don't know if I'll get replies before I leave, but what should I get? Tire pressure gauge, jumper cables, flares, a tire patch, a Chinese air pump (lol), flares maybe, and what else? Where should I get this stuff? Napa? Target/Wal-Mart? VIP? Advance Auto Parts (I think its called)? Evergreen? I can probably get some used parts from Norm's for backup, right?

So I hung out for a bit tonight at KrazyKarpenter's house with him and 2.5RS dan. Dan was changing oil + filters (oil and air) and I was learning. Some of the stuff he learned me about was kind of obvious (like where the tranny was, lol
). It was cool how easy Chris (Krazy) cleared up Dan's headlights from the outside with some simple rubbing compound.I had them smell my car after starting it, and they said the fuel smell could be from a bad cat., which I had the CEL for a few day sago... That's going to be expensive if Norm's won't fix it, right?

They also confirmed that the grinding reverse is normal, although still painful whenever it happens.
Glad we could edumacate you on the basics.

ok, no comments? fine
So I'm looking to buy an emergency kit today. I don't know if I'll get replies before I leave, but what should I get? Tire pressure gauge, jumper cables, flares, a tire patch, a Chinese air pump (lol), flares maybe, and what else? Where should I get this stuff? Napa? Target/Wal-Mart? VIP? Advance Auto Parts (I think its called)? Evergreen? I can probably get some used parts from Norm's for backup, right?
Walmart or car parts store works. Walmart is probably cheaper.

Things you want:

• Tire pressure gauge (one that's accurate, not a POS like mine.)
  • Cigarette lighter air pump, they're tiny and compact and cheap and come in handy.
  • Jumper Cables, I've used mine about twenty times at school. Even handier is a jump pack, it's a battery attached to cables so you don't need a second car.
  • A decent ratchet/socket set.

All those places would most likely have a roadside emergency kit which has a lot of good stuff in them. I just bulleted what I've used the most commuting long trips, being at school, and autox/rallyx. Someone else might have other stuff to contribute.

Also, get a bag or container for all that crap and tie it down in your car. Stuff used to shift around in my trunk when I was taking onramps....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nate wtf, I thought you were joking about resetting my posts? I'll have to make a script that posts spam in the postwhore thread

default_biggrin.png
I think I'll keep you there for a bit....

You may be able to spam the postwhores thread, but see what happens to you if you do.
default_additional_iam.gif
We dont take lightly to spam around these here parts.

Im pretty sure i haz more powah here then you do.

Back