New England Forest Rally 2009

Need a sweep vehicle? Hahaha.
I'll be able to help. I talked with ty and emailed Ryan.
default_rolleyes.gif

Kat I talked Ryan this weekend. Looks like I'll be bring my ridgeline for sweep so they have time to work on his 4runner. I can't wait for this and the forest rally! I'm gittie.

ok I am out for the weekend prior run through. But if Ty wants to run Brighton through the ropes so he will be ready, that would be great.

I will be in AZ returning on Sunday so there isn't much hope for me getting up there.

ok I am out for the weekend prior run through. But if Ty wants to run Brighton through the ropes so he will be ready, that would be great.
I will be in AZ returning on Sunday so there isn't much hope for me getting up there.
default_smile.png

HAHAHA... Since I live right in Dixfield I am trying to convince the woman to let some of U use my yard to camp if it is werth it to U... All I ask is if U use the pool clean it.... I think it would B fun to have a driveway full of sewbee's to take sum pixx of... maybe even one that breaks down as much as mine so I feel better....hahaha

erm..how long until they relase the schedule of racing and the course map? Part of this go right into Mexico.... I can forsee in a perfect world being able to reach parts of the racing area from my front yard. I also would like to know as one of the days is not a weekend making the arrangement of childcare even harder.... I would really like to include my woman in this..I bet Nigel knows...

Last edited by a moderator:
detailed schedule in the works

rough sched as follows:

Friday July 17: mid-morning Parc Expose at Sunday River (basically a car show of the rally racers) and a Super Special stage right thru Brookside parking lot. Early afternoon, is Parc Expose and service at Mexico Rec Park, complete with another Super Special and big Red Bull jump. Later in afternoon is stages out in woods up by Richardson Lake, then the notorious Concord Pond stage outside Rumford in early evening. Day ends with service at Sunday River.

Saturday July 18 stages are in Berlin NH. Morning is a Parc Expose and service area near big paper mill, then stages nearby. Afternoon stages are way off in boonies north of Rangely/Oquossoc area but great spectating. Rally ends Sat later afternoon back at Sunday River.

Maps to spectator areas will be provided. speccies traveling around to the different areas at different times is like a rally within the rally. If you want to check out a spectator area, get there EARLY because it always takes longer than you think to get there, park, find access trails, etc. Bring food, water, bug juice-- basically you are out in the woods all day when you're not traveling around to next spot.

hmmm... U think any of this is accessable by ATV? This is all sooo close to where I live........ I would love to B able to take trails to where they are racing in the middle of nowhere...

actually, controlling access to the course by ATVs is one of the organizer's biggest headaches. sometimes the ATV riders are very good and understand what's going on, and keep clear of the closed roads and/or stick to designated spectator locations where it's safe to watch.

other times the riders are clueless and pop out of the woods willy-nilly and go tooling the wrong way down a closed stage road ("hey, let's go watch down there!") where rally cars are coming at 110 mph in a huge cloud of dust...NFG! One of the big issues is that the ATV riders are on noisy machines wearing helmets, and may well not hear the rally cars coming...you can imagine that this could be a bad bad scenario.

So the organisers have marshals posted at ATV trail crossings on stage roads, because it's so crucial to make sure the stages are secure. Just one incident of unauthorized traffic on a closed road is grounds for shutting down the stage--and rightly so.

As racers, we depend on those roads being empty. Until you see the rally up close, you have NO idea how fast those cars are going on them little roads, and how committed the rally cars are to certain lines thru the corners. PPl riding on the roads or watching from unsafe locations can be Very Very Big Problems.

Back