*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

Lucky car not having to deal with all the salt and crap they put on the road this winter.

I am ready for spring.

its been about 60 days.. no above freezing that meant anyhting.

29 degrees is the average since december 12.

that is some cold..and the amount of snow piled is higher than I can't remember for city streets

oklohoma makes me feel better. they went from -31 to 50s and 60s..ouch.

brain stroke maker...little suby frame breaker.

I guess consistency has a win..even if not pleasant.

drifting all winter has been awesome but im also ready for spring.....way to many parts to install and rear quarter rust repair is in need....bring the warmer weather

That's one of my biggest issues is I need to do rear quarters on the foz, but I hate doing body work, and I hate cold. The 2 definately don't mix

My RS needs the quarters done. Once I figure out how to do quarters and have them not come out looking like DONKEY, my services will be hire-able
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done the quarters on two Imprezas now. Both with 100% rust removed (even the large amount under the bumper that no one ever sees) and thw wholes welded up with heavy gauged sheet metal. The first one has started to "shine" thru again. The welds and new metal started to rust thru again. The second one was a lot smoother. No signs of any repairs.

I'll be doing 2 more this spring. I've developed a technique so there are no rises or flares where the repairs were made. New metal welded from the inside. Minimal bondo feathering, half the grinding, half the welding. And I have a source for galvanized steel.

In the mean time hitting those crusty spots with PB Blaster stops the rusties from advancing.

I didn't know that about the pb blaster. I've actually noticed my rust getting a bit worse through the winter even though I've tried to keep the salt away. I've been restoring a 68 camaro for the last few summers with my dad and have plenty of experience with rust removal and welding in new panels. Well see how this comes out though. If it looks like crap in a bag I know who to employ then. Someone should do a decent diy for the forum.

I've done the quarters on two Imprezas now. Both with 100% rust removed (even the large amount under the bumper that no one ever sees) and thw wholes welded up with heavy gauged sheet metal. The first one has started to "shine" thru again. The welds and new metal started to rust thru again. The second one was a lot smoother. No signs of any repairs.

I'll be doing 2 more this spring. I've developed a technique so there are no rises or flares where the repairs were made. New metal welded from the inside. Minimal bondo feathering, half the grinding, half the welding. And I have a source for galvanized steel.

In the mean time hitting those crusty spots with PB Blaster stops the rusties from advancing.
When you get around to doing this, I'd like to stop by and check it out if that's cool with you so I have a better idea of how to go about the job on my RS.

Back