*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

yeah, my lil bro just put his all seasons on his little ford zx2....I used to own that and it sucked with those tires....just not enough weight to grip ratio...

my car still has winters though!!!

Dear mother nature: april fools day joke is on you. Apw is hooked up and ready to do battle, parking ban in the works and snowfighters getting rested up

Im actually leaving my snows on a while longer till they are completly worn out. These blizzaks just went through thier second season and now have about 18,000+ miles on them. I already feel the loss in bad weather grip, but they should still get me to work tomorrow I think. I figure getting every bit of life out of these will save a little bit of life on the Cooper Zeons I bought last summer.

3-4" of wicked bad heavy wet slush here in midcoast. can you say "horrible understeer" ??
default_wacko.png

plow crews either on strike, asleep, or ain't had they first cuppa joe yet. WTF, how can Route 1 not be plowed by morning drive time??!!
default_angry.png

Went out at 9 to shovel the steps, clean off the car and around the standby generator. Good 8" - 9" and the generator just went on. CalledCMP outage number and got a busy signal, that never happened before.
default_angry.png

Auburn has about tenish from what I can tell. 6 inches first time I went through my run and almost as much again. Fun times with a 2wd dump truck

Damn Bratman. Awesome pic!

It's one of those things where you hate it while you're out in it, but later on you look back at it and appreciate it. At least that's how I am with it all.

Haha yeah, there is a reason I am a trimmer now, and not on the ground anymore!! One of the perks of having my own truck now!! It's cool to look at but I'm glad to be sitting on stand by in the warm truck now!!!

It snowed...

Got in my car in the garage. No brushing off snow
default_smile.png

Drove to work, had some sideways fun. Parked inside at work. Worked on some stuff until I was to the point where I need more parts. Then I pulled my car out of the garage, drove home, parked in my garage. Ahhhh inside parking is nice on days like this.

yaaay! raining in Rockland!!

NEVER EVER thought I'd be cheering for snow change to rain, but there ya go

NP

ODed on snowbanks for 2011

If you are ODed on snowbanks, I suspect you are malnourished on skiing, powder turns! >;-)
my partner busted her ankle in November, been a long road back to mobility for her so it's been politically tough to make much time for skiing

"bye honey, me and the dog are going skiing, have fun stumpin around in the driveway!"

not.

my partner busted her ankle in November, been a long road back to mobility for her so it's been politically tough to make much time for skiing

"bye honey, me and the dog are going skiing, have fun stumpin around in the driveway!"

not.
The roles are reversed, here. I broke my lower leg/ankle in January. My wife worked 7 days a week to cover for me, shoveled, took wicked good care of me, etc, etc. She didn't ski much. I can empathize.

The penny pinching begins now, for a trip out west next spring!! She (especially) deserves it.

Oh, and it is still pouring snow in the mountains!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back