*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

35 out now and the sun is peaking thru. Just need to roof rake the front and I`ll be done shoveling. Our plow man will be back soon to finish up.

2inches. Certainly aint the 12-20 they predicted. I can't even go frig around because the roads are only wet. What a dud storm.

........waiting for the first wingnut to report he crashed his subaru....
there's one on NES...

well that storm majorly broke one of my apple trees.
default_angry.png

I hate snow.
It broke one of my apple trees as well. Lost about 1/3 of total branches. I still like snow though.

The picture doesn't really show how bad it is. from the other side you can see all of the damage. the whole tree used to be as tall as the tallest part (for reference).

387133_679080101197_32603084_35224214_1267643325_n.jpg

Sorry to see that, really sucks
default_frown.gif

Any chance it would recover if you tie it back up?

That's a really nice tree.

that limb is 18" in diameter. it is toast. the rest of the tree will be fine though. I will trim it down so that it isn't lob sided.

I wish bangor had a little bit more snow, didn't really accumulate on the roads..got about 4 inches or so. Was really hoping to drive my sti in the snow for the first time! Had snow tires on and everything!!

2" in Camden, all melted now

6-8" in Lincolnville, up at the old farmhouse back side of Cameron Mtn...hiked up till snow was a foot or more deep, gave up and went back to get snowshoes but got sidetracked with wine n chocolate around the woodstove

dorifto doods, early snowstorms are fun...so remember the mantra, "winter roads, summer ditches."

I. e., don't be That Guy who stuffs his car due to red mist silliness

Yea, its gonna start snowing later on in the evening so I dunno about drifting unless you wanna be out wicked late. I do want the snow though! still 6-10 inches in portland!!

Just got my snow tires on.....now cant wait to see the difference than all seasons in the snow.... 8"-12" in the hills area

words of advice for our upcoming storm. don't park on the damn street if you can avoid it, especially in the city where I plow, we're serious about towing cars this year. don't put the snow from your driveway in the road, you'll get twice as much back if the plow guy can manage it, stay off the roads if at all possible, we hate having to fight with traffic to get the streets cleared. this has been a public service announcement from a municipal plow driver

Back