*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

I was out ice fishing today in Jackman. I didn't have my snowmobile but there was 4-5 ripping around the lake.

There is a little ice on the lake out front, but I'm not sure if it will hold on through this warm spell or not. Catch anything Garrett?

How much ice is out there in Jackman? There's definitely not enough down in my area to support even a human. It just hasn't been cold enough for long enough yet.

That's cool. I'm jealous. And now I want the lake out front to freeze even sooner! I'm itching to get out there

Do you guys ever go up to the (I think it is the Kennebec River) where they have the ice fishing shanty town and you can rent the huts? I did that last season with my father in law and brother in law and went smelt fishing. We caught 33 that night. Cooked em' up for breakfast the next morning.

I've never been there but have been smelting many times. It's fun, but I still like regular ice fishing better, especially with a 4 wheeler or snowmobile right there. You can have fun when the fish aren't biting

Back