Oh no pat has a subie!!!

So the 4eat (auto transmission/electronic center diff) sucks for snow fun its actually 90/10 most of the time. I found this mod and will be doing it as soon as possible! http://www.rs25.com/forums/f8/t99075-4eat-diff-lock-switch-handbrake-mod-torquemada-lite.html
ahaha I posted about that in my big huge rambling transmission thread. The guy was actually working on an adjustment knob to control the diff along with a visual meter to display the diff bias, but then he lost his job or something and I stopped reading. If you do end up doing it, I'm interested in hearing how you like it.

Doing that and the shift firmness mod (ground pin #4). It is either 90/10 or 50/50 nothing between (from what I have read) so his dial wont work. It will be done asap... I hate fwd cars!

picked up a set of one piece rain gaurds, an intake (lol), and an outback front bumper/grill all for free... The bumper was colormatched and when dry will be installed. BTW Dupli-color Ford dark jade is a very very close match to subaru green.

It was spray painted as the car (once my friends garage has space) will be painted a semi gloss white and given a slightly wider stance.

Got the bumper on... Paint matches perfect... Needs to be blended as it is fresh.

Rain gaurds on and roof rack delete will be tomorrow (if I like the look of it).

Cell shot... Took back my dslr today as it ate 3 8gb sdhc class 10 cards.

outbackfront.jpg

I love that bumper... I think it would look good with a bumper-guard/push-bar/beefy light mount
default_biggrin.png

A kid at my school might be making one ("might" because he said he would, but we'll see if it actually shows up). T'would look awesome on your leggy with that front end though.

Some quick shots before the bumper gets another coat of green... The color is ford t282 duplicolor dark jewel green not what I said before. Fairly close match. With clear it will match much better.

Also going to be repainting the black as it is worn... This was a test fit of the bumper after the first few coats. It is going to be trimed in a few spots so it can line up under the lights (using stock bumper beam no outback so minor mods are needed).

frontoutback.jpg

passside.jpg

side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nail that chrome trim piece when you get a chance too. missed your text about today. if you're around portland tomorrow stop by the att store on marginal

Heh heh heh....

Get the 2dr Pat and I'll race ya with my soon-to-be-bought 2.5RS auto....

Hell, I'll race the G with it!
default_frown.gif

No I dont streetrace as it is not safe and pointless... Lets go on the ice and see how long it holds our cars for!

BTW, if you decide you want a turbo scoob , I know in Farmington there is a slick looking 2003 WRX with a fresh Black paint job and a lot of new goodies, dunno if its modded but I believe it has a boost gauge, sti type wing and clear tail lights. I believe the place that has it would take less than 10k for it. Around 123,000 miles if I remember right. The only downside is that it is being sold by a body shop, but I was told that the damage it had appeared minor when it was first dropped off there. The car interior and exterior is in better shape than my 2009 WRX is now!

Back