The unofficial GUN talk thread

I've got a question for those wiser than I. how similar are 7.62x39 and .308? I've been told they're similar, but is it .223vs5.56 similar? I know the ar guys will chime in, but I really want a mini 30 and wanted to know about the round a little more
.308 is 7.62x51

so not very similar at all:

308_762_39.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have one of these in a week or so. Saiga 308. For my son, not me. But still pretty excited.
s308_final_758_wm.jpg

Despite what ive said.. Lol..

Anyone selling a 9mm pistol? That prefrably isn't stolen, and hasnt shot anyone.. Always kinda sketched out buying private sale

Took a class? What'd you shoot?
yip. basic NRA for concealed. It was pretty cool. HUGE emphasis on gun familiarity and control and marksmanship. I'd say we shot for 3-4 hours straight. I had my owe reload girl for awhile. She relaoded my mags during one session. We shot roughly 145 rounds non-stop during that session. Then we switched andf I had to reload her mags

Howells had a wicked nice CZ 75 B. The CZ is one of the finer semi-auto 9mms out there. It was a good price too. Howells is worth a trip even if you're just blousing.

http://www.best9mm.com/

Yesterday's fun included some .45s and .40s, but most were 9mm. I saw a Sig, Browning High Power, and a Glock start to malfunction towards the end of the day. However, those people were also using crappy ammo. Wolf steel and PMC. I saw some aluminum cases around also. Not sure who was using that. I did well without any malfunction with my Ruger and I used Remington, S&B, and Herters Select (Fiocchi) brass.

glocks never malfunction. just ask brighton..
default_additional_angel.gif
I never thought they did until I saw it happen myself. Just a few failure to ejects. The Browning High Power didn't even make it out of the gun bag at the range, bad extractor, mags, and something was up with the hammer. The Sig was hitting primers too softly, or the firing pin is worn and a few FTEs. Theres probably more tothe story than what I saw, like lack of cleaning and lube, loose nut behind the wheel, and that poop ammo.

That's why I love my old P99QA. Put over 1000 rounds through the thing before I ever even oiled it. Came dry from the factory. 75% of the time it's shooting crappy steel cased ammo. Never had a FTF or FTE. Hell, the slide was getting stuck rearward after every shot for about half a second when I finally decided to oil it.

glocks never malfunction. just ask brighton..
default_additional_angel.gif
^ha, I thought I was using a g18 full auto. "Me- this firearm is not firing properly. Guy- it must be the way you are shooting. Me- no, it firing 2-3. Rounds everytime you pull the trigger." he traded it out and gave it to another guys at the range, a few minutes later. Bang, bang, bang! From the other guy.

Went to finish up my christmas shopping yesterday and stopped at a small gun shop on 136 in Auburn that I had never noticed before. Turns out they had a brand new G21SF sitting on the shelf and were willing to give me a deal.

121011082908.jpg

Now I know I just recntly saw somewhere if you buy a new glock and send in the form you get another mag and holster. Anyone remember the details or have a link, I can't find it to save my life.

Back