2007 Murdered STi

I have a couple pictures but no movies cause my camera sucks. Ive been trying to find someone with a good video camera that I can borrow.

I would invite you along but my car is going to be full most likely. Your welcome to drive down though if you want to check it out.

come get my camcorder....probably needs a cleaning tape but other than that it werx great...

I would have no chance of doing so this week, my biological daughter is visiting later this week along with some of the wifes family...

Thanks for the offer but I dont think I have time to drive up your way before tuesday. I think I can get my hands on one though.

do it.....

or...

I could potentially meet U at M/A(or elsewhere) if I can get them to change my oil ASAP....hahaha

What does a typical tune cost? I know it widely varies on whats being done, time taken, etc. but since I have no experience with tuning or tuners, I'm quite curious
default_additional_sillylol.gif
(if you don't mind sharing...)

a pro-tune will normally run you around $500 through most tune shops and take about 2hrs if you have no major mods beside a stage 2 set-up

Yea what Gabe said and its $200 an hour if its only an hour or two. Are you getting a stg 2 setup tuned?
Sooner or later I need to ... I'm sorta trying to decide if it's really worth dumping the money on an AP, or just get an open source tune... I just really want to go stg 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooner or later I need to ... I'm sorta trying to decide if it's really worth dumping the money on an AP, or just get an open source tune... I just really want to go stg 2!
Accessport: $500

Protune: $500

XPT Map: $130

AP Pros: Easy, Quick, Map Switching on the fly (not sure how this helps but you can do it)

AP Cons: Not a custom tune for your car, underpowered to keep it safe for a wider array of cars

Protune Pros: Perfectly custom tune for your car, even if you've strayed a bit from the norm stage 2. You get a dyno sheet, which is pretty cool.

Protune Cons: You have to drive there? Really at stage 2 I don't think you can list a con. No valet lockout mode like the AP maybe?

Open Source Off the Shelf Maps (ex XPT)

Pros: Cheap Cheap Cheap. Otherwise same as AP except you use your laptop and not a gameboy

Cons: Same as AP cons

If I were Ryan from Topsham I would....

...get an OTS map from XPT, have one of the romraiders on here help me load it (STInate). The maps are like $130. Then when I keep buying more mods and I quickly slip past the normal stage 2 stopping point I would get a protune. Once you leave the beaten path the Accessport becomes pointless

If you ever go past stage

can the pro-tuning info b stored in an access port for future reloading in case it gets melted?

I assume the info can B saved as my toy has two maps on it: the one designed for my car by the builder and one that is turned way down due to the status of gasoline...

Last edited by a moderator:
mark you saying mine or any one else car that has a ap has no power cause of are ap you've never even used or seen one so quit pooping on them before i have to stomp your ... with the fozz

Lets look at it this way.

Accessport + Cobbs preloaded maps = Laptop(free if you own one) + Xpt's inexpensive maps.

Xpt maps typically run more boost then cobb's maps only a little but it is there. They are very safe. My tuner had plenty of good things to say about them.

Yes I have owned a accessport and it was a handy little pocket sized device which did make it easier for reseting cel's and flashing maps. Lets face it though do you want to spend the extra cash on the accessport or more mods?

Im sure Gabe found his accessport in northen nh on craigslist for like $1
so if you find one that cheap it is the clear winner.
default_wink.png

Yea the only reason I bought one was because I got it for $300 and then turned around and sold it. It was fun to play with for awhile. Its too bad you have to use cobbs maps with it though.

Gabe i didn't even come close to trashing on the AP, they are perfect for some people. But AP vs Protune there's no question which will have more power. I also think if you go beyond stage 2 it's pointless to use an AP when you'll need a protune anyway

Well Matt just called me and and the tune is now moved to next Tuesday due to a family emergency. Of course my car will break before then and I will be back at square one.

Well Matt just called me and and the tune is now moved to next Tuesday due to a family emergency. Of course my car will break before then and I will be back at square one.
that is bitter dude... I hope whomever is having the family emergency has it work out for the best!

how ironic... I will B in Massachusetts with the STi (fitchburg area) to drop off my daughter the day after. Wish it was the fifth U had it set up for.. I could have tried to bump into U guys!

<---Day late and dollar short!

Back