98 GT AWESOMENESS!!

Took the brakes apart. Cleaned the heck out of everything. Sanded everything up. Adjusted them properly (never knew about that weird screw thing in there....). And now they work. yay. That was an easy fix, took about as long as pulling an effing engine though.......

Oh, and the bolt that holds the caliper on was missing on the driver's side.... The inspection guy was really nice and lifted the car back up so I could take a good look under it with a light. It's so rust free!!

Anyway, I noticed this while looking around under the car, didn't say anything of course... So I put one in when I got home. WTF? The last owner of this car did more damage than good to the brakes....

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, yeah they can be a SHE DOG to get loose sometimes!! Those wheels do look awesome though!!!!!!

Lol, yeah they can be a SHE DOG to get loose sometimes!! Those wheels do look awesome though!!!!!!
Thanks!! I love the wheels. The inspection dude was really into subarus and loved them.

The bolt on the other side took breaker bar + abuse to come loose...

Looks DAMN good. Can't wait to see it at the meet. I'm with bratman on wrx springs, you could probably snipe some cheapos.
I'm gonna do WRX springs, it's a good idea. I'll probably get a cheap spring for just that side at Norm's or wherever just to pass inspection because I need the car legal. Then it gives me time to clown FS threads and get a good deal
default_smile.png

Wait, I thought WRX springs lifted GC/GF Imprezas. Isn't the Gen2 Legacy similar in weight to the Gen1 Imprezas? You may get a lift out of WRX springs.

Wait, I thought WRX springs lifted GC/GF Imprezas. Isn't the Gen2 Legacy similar in weight to the Gen1 Imprezas? You may get a lift out of WRX springs.
I don't know anything about it... The guys who know what they're talking about said wrx springs would be a good cheap upgrade, so that's what I'm doing. haha.

I don't want higher, a little lower, but not much, would be good

Someone said the same about STI springs, and those lowered my car. I have no idea if sti and wrx springs are similar in anyway. My .2 cents.

I don't know anything about it... The guys who know what they're talking about said wrx springs would be a good cheap upgrade, so that's what I'm doing. haha.

I don't want higher, a little lower, but not much, would be good
Well it looks like I'm wrong. Did some NASIOC searching and found this.

Good luck!

Does look nice! What wheels are those? They'd look good painted black.... I like 6 spoke wheels.

Are you looking for suspension parts? I read up to page 8, then skipped to 11 so I may have missed it if you said you already found some. I have a set of '03 struts and springs if you need some.

Car looks great by the way. I've always loved that body style of the legacy. If I were to start my project over, I'd probably do it in one of those
default_cool.png

I'll sell my WRX springs,but I'll need a set of RCE wagon springs first. So if you want them, lemme know and I'll start browsing for my new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gen 2 Legacy is quite a bit heavier than the GC/GF. So it should lower it just a touch, or keep it just about the same with better handling. 02-03 WRX springs are out there for 25-30 bucks. that's usually the going rate because they aren't really an upgrade for anything.........except a little for this.

Ray - 07 2.5i wheels painted black

Are you looking for suspension parts? I read up to page 8, then skipped to 11 so I may have missed it if you said you already found some. I have a set of '03 struts and springs if you need some.

Car looks great by the way. I've always loved that body style of the legacy. If I were to start my project over, I'd probably do it in one of those
default_cool.png
I'd take a set of 03 springs! Not sure if the struts would work... but if they're in nice condition for a good price, and they'd fit my car, I'd take them. My rear struts are getting a little long in the tooth.

Thanks for the compliments!

So how do I take the strut apart once I have it off? On the loyale struts you just take a cap off the top, then you can access the bolt that holds the strut to the top hat. But on the legacy there' a huge dust shield. Can I get that off with the strut still on the car so I can break the bolt loose?

I'm typing from memory of watching Ryan's dead struts come out, but here goes nothing:

After the spring is compressed, there's a nut or something on top that you undo with the assembly still compressed. Once that's undone (I believe you leave a few threads on so that the spring doesn't fly off and kill someone), uncompress it and remove the top things of the assembly. This frees the spring.

3 mounting bolts on the perimeter. One center nut. Compress spring, remove center nut, release spring, remove strut top. Install new spring and top, compress spring, install new center nut, tighten down nut, install.

Back