98 GT AWESOMENESS!!

Is there a clue in your spelling of perhaps?

default_wink.png

This was easy because it's all a straight shot across all the lit surface. Except the numbers, but that had a big plastic thing I could put LEDs over. Everyone says that these hvac units are near impossible ta take apart, blah blah. It really wasn't that bad... Just went slow and made sure I remembered how all the plastic bits came apart.

I still have to solder the power wires from the LEDs into the lighting circuit, it was just a loop off the connector so no way at all to tell which side is pos and which is neg on the PCB. I'll have to put a meter on it in car, then take it back out and solder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put it in.. looks awesome! Think I want it blue though... I may make the other one blue and sell this.

Replaced my filler neck when I got home today after work... Going from work to working on my car in my garage. What fun...

Anyway, it wasn't really that hard at all. It took me a bit over half an hour. Now I won't lose any more of my precious fuel.

So did yours have the valve thing? Or was it a straight swap? Either way, glad the filler worked for ya!!!

So did yours have the valve thing? Or was it a straight swap? Either way, glad the filler worked for ya!!!
Straight swap. Didn't have the roll over valve or whatever the hell it is. Now that I know how stupid easy it is you should take Kati's car over to be fixed.

Two of the screws you said wouldn't come out came out... the third needed drill action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to be to someone's house at 5.00 or thereabouts for dinner, but if we started at 2ish it would definitely be done by the time I had to leave.

Well I wouldn't be able to start until after I took her to work, so I wouldn't be back till after 3, so no biggie, I have Monday off, so I might tackle it here.

It worked amazing! I couldn't get the paint really clean, but the clay bar sucked the dirt right out. Paint with from rough to the tough to extremely smooth.

Those look great Chris!! I'm sure we will be getting a report back about how the lighting is at night.

Thanks! Still needs amber fogs (or JDMs.........) and a new grill that I'm working on.

I should post pics of my blue LED hvac. looks much better.

Back