98 GT AWESOMENESS!!

As I've said, the tranny is going to be fine till I swap in a 5speed. I'm not worried about it.

My summer wheels!

wheelz.jpg

Yea, one for summer, one for winter.

I'm still a little undecided which will be which...

Summer set is getting powder coated a dark bronze.

Ah, so, do you know much about the history of the car? I got very little information.
From what I've been told the only problem with it should be the engine... It was well maintained from what I could gather... What you were told about the engine going is spot on.... It sounded mint when I saw it this summer

From what I've been told the only problem with it should be the engine... It was well maintained from what I could gather... What you were told about the engine going is spot on.... It sounded mint when I saw it this summer
The car is in really mint condition.

I really like the snowflakes too. I've always wanted a set. I've actually always wanted a black LGT...

I think they're just fozzy X wheels, aren't they?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting swayed... haha. The snowflakes are in worse condition. Just because they're 10yo older... So they'd be a good set to have re-finished....

So do you know Ian? Or the guy who owned it before?

Cool, it's always interesting finding about the history of one's car. Especially in deals like this where the PO didn't know the owner before well, and only owned it for a few months.

So it's nice lighting out to take some pics of my car cleaned up. But alas... She won't start. Cranks, sputters, but no fire.

She ran just enough to drive down the guy's driveway to the trailer, down the road to my driveway, up the steep hill, wheel spin to make it up. And now she's lay down and died in my garage... Poor car.

Doing timing belt on ej22. Not really taking extensive pics because there's a million out there on the net.

But the threads came out with the old tensioner... Yay. So I'm hoping I can just swap that bracket thing off the ej25, if not, time to track down thread inserts.

UPDATE: Pulled the rad out of the GT. Drained about half a qt. of really black nasty coolant... that was it. ha.

I used the starter method to break loose the crank bolt, worked like a charm. Pulled the crank off and found that some idiot mechanic didn't tighten it right and the pully and keyway are completely mangled up!! eek. Pulled the bracket off the ej25, threads look good, and it's almost identical to the ej22 one. Just has an extra bracket mount on it for the DOHC timing cover. Angle grinder will take care of it. I'm off to a meeting now, but I'm going to have the ej22 assembled tonight! Woo.

My list of crap I need is getting longer ..... haha. I'd post it, but it's all on my shop laptop. Yes, I have a shop laptop.... (jason, you may remember this as my shitty loaner laptop that's useless for anything besides being a FSM and googling stuff when I get stuck... heh)

Also, Mike got back to me on a header, $40. So sometime I'll be up to get that (paging jason here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet man, keep me updated. Maybe we can head down to Mikeys this weekend. I have to find out if the other stuff will be there by then.

Back