Nate's OBS: Out Front

I'm thinking of adding extra fuses, isn't that more right?
"extra" fuses do nothing. It's not like you will blow a second fuse in the same line. Just put one, as close to the battery as possible

I just figured in case something shorted in the light, it might not be enough to trip a big fuse (like a 12/15/20A one for two 55W lights) and it'd be safer to have a small one for each light.

One more question for now: Series or parallel?

So the fuses are just there to protect from surges to/from the battery?

I guess I'll have to have a word with my other sources...

299-toughguy.jpg

The best way to figure out how a relay works it to get a clear one or take one apart and watch it work! Then with a CLICK! it all makes sense.

^ yep.

No need to take it apart, that picture is all I need.

I'm hopefully going to be ordering a ton of 10awg wire, two hella 30amp relays, some all-weather HD fuse holders or whatever, and two 20amp fuses.

I think I'm going to return the switches I got at VIP because radioshack has the same ones for half the price... Plus, I can't decide if I'd rather have toggle switches, or toggle buttons...

Using the relays, I'll be able to have one switch that just turns on the fogs for daily driving, and another switch that turns on both sets of lights for night-time deserted roads. I can't decide if I actually want to do this though, or if I'd rather have the driving lights separate.

I guess I could just go with three switches
default_wink.png

With stuff like this I like using transistorized buttons to the relays. Juts a push button, only on when you press it. Tells your circuit to turn on the relay to power the lights, but when you shut off the car and turn it bakc on the lights always default to off. works nice for stuff if you don't always want it to come on.

^ Got a link to some of those fancy shmancy buttons?
I'm sure they exist, but I just make my own. Takes a 555 timer, PNP transistor, some caps and resistors...

Nate, try to find a factory fog light switch, so it wouldn't even look like anything aftermarket inside the car.

I could do that. It probably won't be $3 like the radioshack stuff though.

I'd need two though, lol. That would look funneh.

I could do that. It probably won't be $3 like the radioshack stuff though.I'd need two though, lol. That would look funneh.
Yeah they can be had for cheap, and why would two fog light switches look funny??? And why exactly do you need 2??

ok, well I thunk it would look just fine, and a lot cleaner than 2 aftermarket buttons stuck in there. Just my .02

Back