Nate's OBS: Out Front

Going to have this at the end of the summer:
attachment.php

attachment.php

for $35!
Is this the shifter I want, or is this one?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4787956139_e619f10433.jpg

But which one? Kartboy has the straight ones on their site (albeit a newer design) but I've seen a bunch of these angled ones for sale.

i have the new style and like it. i don't know about the older/ angled ones

edit: just buy what's cheapest

I just installed my Kartboy ss that is angled with all of the bushings in under an hour and It was well worth the $130. I've heard that the cheap ones will hit some bracket in first and third gear. Gear changes with the kartboy are super exciting.

P.S. The new style shifters are angled a bit just below the linkage bracket. and it works great

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I picked it up already. I'll see how it works first, but I'm sure a torch and some weight could bend it
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Two more tires mounted on the 5-spokes to match the two good-treaded ones on there. VIP in Yarmouth balanced them for free (probably because I kept asking to doublecheck that I was doing things as cheaply as possible
default_idk.gif
). Also, the dude stalled my car pulling it up to the lift because he was using second (don't have a shift pattern on my ricey knob...).

Two more tires mounted on the 5-spokes to match the two good-treaded ones on there. VIP in Yarmouth balanced them for free (probably because I kept asking to doublecheck that I was doing things as cheaply as possible
default_idk.gif
). Also, the dude stalled my car pulling it up to the lift because he was using second (don't have a shift pattern on my ricey knob...).
Since you have a ricey knob he probably thought it was a VW
default_tongue.png

When did VWs put first gear on the bottom? My dad says his beetle was:

X13

R24

So the same as mine except for reverse.

Yes I realize you're just joking
default_idk.gif
. Although he may have had it in first. I only think second because A, he stalled it, and B, he parked it in second when he was all done.

Huh. maybe it isn't VW, but some European car, for some period of time, put 1st on the bottom. Also some older chevy trucks.

Thanks man. Can't wait to get them on, but first I gotta clean up a bit of surface rust that got on the wheel that was at the bottom of the stack all summer (damp garage
default_tongue.png
).

Also, one of the techs left a center cap sitting on top of one of the machines, so I gotta go pick it up before I go to play basketball tomorrow
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Any tips on the rust is greatly appreciated. I figured I'd just use some 600 grit, water, and a vacuum set to blow.

If it was mounted on the car, it would be in the little crevices (where the spokes meet the rim) facing away from the car, and along the rim itself. Going to put some vinegar in a spray bottle and go to town. Possibly end up removing the dark gray paint, but oh well.

Rust? On an aluminum wheel? You might just wanna try some heavy duty cleaner like simple green, a sponge, and some water first before you go at it with sand paper.

Its obviously got some % of steel in it. FeO2 ftl.

edit: are they actually pure aluminum? I figured it was an alloy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well whatever it is, there's at least a little bit of iron. Got most of it scrubbed off with vinegar, a towel, and some paper towels (plus some rinsing with the power washer on lowest-power/largest-spread).

Back