Nate's OBS: Out Front

How about some rallyx so you can learn how to drive.
Good idea. I know how to drive, I probably just can't when the situation arises
default_biggrin.png
. I didn't end up off the road last winter though, so that says something
default_biggrin.png

http://www.scoobymods.com/kartboy-short-shifter-lever-gc8-t4.html?t=4
You're welcome.

I could probably swing by after work sometime to help. I get out at 5pm now. Not responsible for breaking your **** yadda yadda yadda.

He'll I'm sure someone could do it in the parking lot for you at the meet.
That's not the part I'm worried about. Its putting new bushings in under the car (I remember reading/seeing something about it being above the exhaust?).

Thanks for offering though.

And update on the intake: gonna need (three) new hoses to reach it.

As for what to buy next...
Bushings and mounts. Shift stay is like 30 bucks and is awesome.

http://turninconcepts.com/index.php?cPath=1_9_10_1496

Give that a browse through. Evergreen can order all that stuff for you as well.
http://turninconcepts.com/index.php?cPath=1_9_10_1496_1499_1506

or

http://turninconcepts.com/index.php?cPath=1_9_10_1496_1502_1519

?

Last edited by a moderator:
EVEN BETTER IDEA.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12TH. MAINE MALL. AUTOCROSS. It's dirt cheap, and you don't have to drive all around new england like you would to go to a rallyx.

I'm going to spectate for a bit, but I'd be more than happy to ride shotgun and give pointers.

Good idea. I know how to drive, I probably just can't when the situation arises
default_biggrin.png
. I didn't end up off the road last winter though, so that says something
default_biggrin.png

That's not the part I'm worried about. Its putting new bushings in under the car (I remember reading/seeing something about it being above the exhaust?).

Thanks for offering though.
If it's the kartboy shift stay bushing. Those are stupid easy to install. It's under the car, but it's one bolt. The old shift stay bushing makes a great dampener for a skid plate too
default_biggrin.png

If it's the kartboy shift stay bushing. Those are stupid easy to install. It's under the car, but it's one bolt. The old shift stay bushing makes a great dampener for a skid plate too
default_biggrin.png
Yeah, these ones.

^ that really is a link, I swear.

And I'm not sure I need a skid plate, but I'll save them just in case
default_biggrin.png

Yeah, these ones.
^ that really is a link, I swear.
Yeah, you need a socket or wrench, and a screwdriver or prybar. We put them on both my car and rezpunks car one afternoon. Took a few minutes to figure it out on mine, and after doing it on my car, took like 5 minutes on his. So simple.

Also, I can't get the short shifter's ball joint thingy into place, even with a hammer. I think I may have missed a step.

Still can't get it. Going to try having one person use pliers to hold 1/4 of the socket thingy out while the other person whacks it with a hammer. I'm getting nowhere with just the hammer.

edit:

got it using a 5lb dumbbell instead of a hammer. I guess my BFH isn't so big after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
attention_whore3.jpg

I can't decide on the color of the lug nuts. I've seen people pull off blue and red. I think the red would work on my gray wheels, but if I decide to paint them gold I'm not sure if it'd still work.

There's always black, but the only black locking lug nuts on fleabay don't completely hide the lugs like the red and blue ones I found.

Links: Blue, Red, Black

Also, pictures will be taken once I de-rust the light bar and put it back on.

Lol, how about a real suggestion?

Also, that would require three different sets which would be three times more money than I want to spend
default_tongue.png

Lets put it into a table of sorts:

silver/gray car with gray wheels: any color could work.

silver/gray car with gold wheels: already 2.5 colors, do I want to throw red/blue into the mix?

blue car with gold wheels: blue lug nuts would be fine I think

I say black as well, and you should be able to find locking ones, but even if you can't, I think black would look the best

Black, nice and simple.
Only problem is that the black ones aren't closed at the end, so you can see the nasty lugs sticking out. They're the only black locking lug nuts on ebay (at least with 12x1.25 threads).

Back