Nate's OBS: Out Front

Its more than just a spot, it goes all around the wheel, but its only between the spokes. Think of where the valve stem comes out, and then think of the four other similar places.

Anyway, I got most of it off today, and will be dabbing it with vinegar again tomorrow.

Vinegar helps break up the rust. I think it has something to do with it being an acid.

And it appeared during the summer while sitting in the garage, so no, can't be break dust
default_biggrin.png

Anyway...

I went out to put the wheels on and wheeled one of them out to my car. I wanted to check the front pass. lug nuts to see if they were still rusted on. They were.

When I had the tires mounted at VIP, they kept asking me if they were going to be put on the front or back, and I kept telling them "it doesn't really matter, but I'd like you guys to loosen up the lug nuts if that's no problem." They kept asking me which two corners I wanted loosened, and they didn't really understand me when I said "I was only able to loosen the front driver's side ones, so if you could do all the others that'd be great." "But these tires are going on the rear, correct?"

Oh well. But this means I can't have the wheels mounted yet.

Does anybody have an impact wrench in/near Yarmouth? I wanted to get these on before school started on Tuesday.

Ummm, you can't just use a lug wrench??? What are you gonna do if you get a flat, hope someone has an impact?

random pipe over a lug nut wrench, aka breaker bar
default_biggrin.png
Already looked, found 0 suitable pipe sections.

Sergei, can you PM me what you'd want to install a short shifter and two bushings?

Ummm, you can't just use a lug wrench??? What are you gonna do if you get a flat, hope someone has an impact?
I would but the lugs are rusted on. VIP loosened the ones in the rear but not the front one that I didn't do. PB blaster hasn't worked so far.

Stand on the lug wrench. Jump up and down on it. If you break it off it's not my problem
default_biggrin.png
Tried it. I jacked up the side of the tire iron opposite the wheel so that is wouldn't slip off the lug nut and went to down. Nothing. That's how I un-did them on the front driver-side wheel two months ago.

Holy ****, why didn't I think of that before?

Will do tomorrow.

It looks like I killed the CD-player part of my 05 6-disc changer. It won't admit that it has CDs in it, won't eject them, and won't let me load a CD.

The best I can do is hold down the eject button until it says "All-CD Eject" and flashes that, but it doesn't actually start ejecting.

Car's sitting with the battery unplugged.

Now that the driving lights are working and the wheels are on, I'm not sure what to throw money at.

I kind of want to get some LEDs to help out the interior (one panel in the trunk and one in the existing dome light maybe?). I also think it'd be cool, or at least unique, to have some sort of LED running lights, Audi-style. Not sure I want to drill holes in my bumper though.

Another idea is to black out my bumper/fender turn signals, and to tint the amber signals on my taillights red. I think I want film and not spray-on.

I also need some help installing my short shifter. I have no clue what I'm doing once I get under the car. And I've got a short ram intake that I'm debating putting on.

Well to be honest, I'm not sure if it'll even work. I think it needs a new hole drilled for a sensor thingy that's plugged into my stock airbox. Either that or one of the current holes needs to be drilled out a bit. Its got places to attach the hoses though.

Plus, its made out of Spin's old CAI for is turbo project. When the turbo went on, Lobstah cut the first half of it off to get it to fit onto the turbo (and not right onto the intake mani).

Ooh, and I need not-****ty-looking lug nuts. I'm thinking $20 on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120405633081&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Last edited by a moderator:
You could probably find keyed lug nuts for around the same price on ebay. Lets see some pics of the wheels!!

Back