Nate's OBS: Out Front

18k-Gold-Spray-Paint.jpg

**** YESSSSSSSSS

default_tongue.png

I feel like there's a rice reference with that gold spray that I'm missing, but I'm definitely not spending that much money on paint
default_tongue.png
. (assuming it costs a lot)

Those $25 lug nuts are the same ones I posted a link to, and I think that's my best option. I'd prefer something closed like those Project Kics ones.

Well to be honest, I'm not sure if it'll even work. I think it needs a new hole drilled for a sensor thingy that's plugged into my stock airbox. Either that or one of the current holes needs to be drilled out a bit. Its got places to attach the hoses though.
Plus, its made out of Spin's old CAI for is turbo project. When the turbo went on, Lobstah cut the first half of it off to get it to fit onto the turbo (and not right onto the intake mani).
Nope. That was on my old 2.2 non-turbo motor. That was never used for my turbo project. If you have the MAF adapter plate with it, it should bolt right up.

Lobstah cut it so that it would fit onto his 1.8 Brighton
default_tongue.png
It didn't last long there though.

Where the hell did you hear that story?
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. That was on my old 2.2 non-turbo motor. That was never used for my turbo project. If you have the MAF adapter plate with it, it should bolt right up.
Lobstah cut it so that it would fit onto his 1.8 Brighton
default_tongue.png
It didn't last long there though.

Where the hell did you hear that story?
default_tongue.png
Lobstah told me after he cut off my heat shield
default_tongue.png
. Or maybe it was when he just tied it on tighter with some wire. I don't have the adapter plate, but there's only three hoses on my air box and four holes on the intake, one of which is bigger than the hoses, so I figure that's for the little sensor thingy.

Look again for the hoses. The sensor is the black boxy thing JUST after the air filter box. That would have to go after the filter and before the intake piece you have.

Now I'm confused. I took apart my intake to see how well the short ram would fit, and there was nothing except tubing after the filter box.

It goes intake mani->filter box->180degree with small reservoir->S-curve with small res->tube with big res->piece that keeps most junk out of the filter by sucking air up instead of sideways. I'm almost positive I have a MAP sensor, because I haven't seen anything that looks like MAF. Then again, the plug I can see doesn't match up with google image results for "map sensor."

Now I'm confused. I took apart my intake to see how well the short ram would fit, and there was nothing except tubing after the filter box.

It goes intake mani->filter box->180degree with small reservoir->S-curve with small res->tube with big res->piece that keeps most junk out of the filter by sucking air up instead of sideways. I'm almost positive I have a MAP sensor, because I haven't seen anything that looks like MAF. Then again, the plug I can see doesn't match up with google image results for "map sensor."

You have a 2000, so it has no MAF, it is map, so there is just a little sensor. I have an intake on mine and I don't even have the sensor into the intake right now. It will be fine that way. But if you have a hole in the intake you have, or can drill a hole the size of the rubber grommet, you can poke it right in

Its a '99 so it could have come with either, but your description (with the rubber grommet) sounds like mine.

What happens if I run it without the map sensor? CEL?

its an air temperature sensor. Mine has it 2. Pull it out of the stock filter box rubber grommet and all and set it in your engine bay. Works fie with mine

are you talking about the intake air temp sensor???? i wouldnt just leave it on the motor, its there for a reason....obviously its measuring the temp of the incoming air and adjusting the fuel ratio....colder the air...more fuel.....sitting on a hot engine....poss super lean..

are you talking about the intake air temp sensor???? i wouldnt just leave it on the motor, its there for a reason....obviously its measuring the temp of the incoming air and adjusting the fuel ratio....colder the air...more fuel.....sitting on a hot engine....poss super lean..
Obviously don't just sit it on top of the motor, but mine is fine, and there are countless others on RS25 that have it that way as well with no issues. I plan on putting mine back in the intake but I have to find a drill bit big enough

Back