Nate's OBS: Out Front

Those are probably my second choice over '98 RS wheels. I just like 16" better. Also, these are a bunch cheaper
default_wink.png

Currently eyeing a set of sway bars and/or a rear disc brake swap... I also want STI-zy's WRX front brakes which are for sale but they're a bit $$$ for my blood.

Can I reuse stock endlinks and bushings for 22mm front and 20mm rear bars?

Rear bar does, but the front 22mm bar does not. I couldn't find any for sale individually either
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay. Search Subaru 22mm bushings.
No results with "subaru" in there, neither with "impreza." There are some universal kits as well as WRX sets and sets for other makes as well. Will any specific WRX ones work?

off to a new topic here....I gots to say I can't really get excited about the looks of GC Subarus without windshield banners. makes em look kinda nekkid.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_tongue.png

Sorry Nigel, not putting a banner on my windshield any time soon
default_smile.png
. Unless I find something I really like
default_smile.png

Gah, failed inspection for front struts and front passenger axle (CV boot leaking
default_wink.png
).
What did they say was wrong with the struts? Are they leaking? Bent? A while ago someone said they failed inspection because some station had a machine to test the life of a strut, or something ridiculous like that.

Where did you take it?

I suggest taking it somewhere else, and clean grease off the boot and surrounding area before taking it in. But you should get that replaced sooner than later.

It was at VIP. They said they saw oil going down the side of the strut. I definitely saw the gunk around the CV boot, but I couldn't actually tell if there was oil under the strut.

It does explain the horrible creaking noise I get when backing out of my driveway every morning.

I don't really want to pay another $20-25 just to have another place tell me to replace the same things. Is it really worth doing?

And this could put a stop to my rear brake swap and/or sways
default_wink.png

I suggest taking it somewhere else, and clean grease off the boot and surrounding area before taking it in. But you should get that replaced sooner than later.
heaven forbid he should just perform (or have performed) the maintenance the car requires.
default_wink.png

neither struts nor the axle are really expensive jobs, and both are key to the car's long-term reliability which Nate really needs. and doing one of those jobs makes it super easy to perform the other job at same time, which saves significan $$ and downtime.

The point is that I need the car inspected by friday... I can get two front KYB GR2s for $140 with free ground shipping, but no promises it'll be here by October...

And the axle...

Mark has struts for sale for $80

Oh and I went 6 months without having my car inspected. Just don't get pulled over
default_wink.png

Back