New England Forest Rally 2009

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
posted a thread in the gallery with day 1 and 2 pics and another thread has my shakedown pics, still working on getting the half hour of video i took from like 3 stages

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Just got back from the rally up in who the hell knows Maine. Fish pond / Beaver pond road or whatever it was.

GClark, Andrew, sis, and myself took the 3 hour drive up today. Stopped in Errol NH which was amazing because you can buy power tools, food, beer, fireworks, sandwiches, bows, guns, four wheelers, generators, video games, and pontoon boats all in one store. They also had nice paved roads.

Got to the stage, got bussed into the spectator stages. We were on a sweet corner. Got to cheer on all the Mainely Subarus people shouting like an idiot as they went buy.

Weather held out, was a great day.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
that nice paved road ate my wheel baring... or a combination of that plus soft compound gravels and going through those corners at 55-70 ate my wheel bearing.... but the car handles on rails :)

GClark

Yup it was a sick day. Yelled at Pedro and the LDR car whenever it came around. Saw topdenni again, buy I dont think you saw us. Got some more sick pictures too.

Quotable Quotes: Can I get the dually burger meal and can you big as$ size the cup?

Can I get a double cheeseburger with one burger and one chicken patty? No!?! Well Im goin to BK were I can get it my way...

Heres My Favorite Pic:

6535_1201667324767_1321103381_574894_1276776_n.jpg

It just ended up that only the car was in focus, Ill get more pics up tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew0790

Had a dead mad brilliant time the last two days. Hanging out with some MS guys, driving the BMW up a steep rocky hill a guy in a truck with muds wouldn't try, making faces with the glutton burger, and falling on my as$ running out to get a mudflap at middle dam. Also Kristof if my dad hadn't been *****ing about going 3mph over every ten gently caressing seconds I'd have been gone...
default_additional_iam.gif

Finally do I get quoted for awesome on the mcd's orders?

vermont22gt

falling on my as$ running out to get a mudflap at middle dam.
And what a riot that was! :lol:I hope getting the flap was worth it. Free souvenir's are cool though. I was the one grilling meat on the same corner. I'm sure I'll see you next year.

topdeeni

And what a riot that was! :lol:I hope getting the flap was worth it. Free souvenir's are cool though. I was the one grilling meat on the same corner. I'm sure I'll see you next year.

I do beleive that was me standing in the middle of the road getting on a bus laffin at U really loud right after I spent an hour or so tormenting the race official who was telling the mayor of Berlin NH and his wife where to go.....silly mis-informed man.

ps: great timing though, I had just stopped recording with my camcorder, U came within inches of having that captured on tape... Nice snag on the flap as well... I was eyeballing that but was to far off to B a competitor for it...

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Good call on the grill dude. That stuff smelled great. We talked about bringing one Friday but we realized that we're lazy. PBJ only way to roll.

andrew0790

That mudflap was definatly worth it. It goes up there with my inner fender well piece that I've got hanging from the wall in my garage. Definatly gonna see you next year. Now that I've done both days, there's been a precedent set for going both days, and I can't go back on that. And that meat looked like teh yum

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
well you can always step it up and volunteer like i did , and you get into the super cool stuff like the shakedown (which were my best photos and video)

andrew0790

well you can always step it up and volunteer like i did , and you get into the super cool stuff like the shakedown (which were my best photos and video)
I could step up and volunteer. And I've got some fun ideas on how to do so...*cough heavy sweep *cough

If I can't get into the super fun stuff, standing on the side of the road is fun too

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
good luck getting into heavy sweep.... that's a highly sought after post... btw 198 was quite miffed with you sweep guys for leaving him there at the SS in Berlin, and we broke the latch on my Audi towing him out, ill post pics of my new and improoved trunk latch pin later

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I could step up and volunteer. And I've got some fun ideas on how to do so...*cough heavy sweep *coughIf I can't get into the super fun stuff, standing on the side of the road is fun too
not likely

Back