*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

Did some driving in 1.5ft high snow today. Twas awesome! My speedo said 45mph when I was barely crawling up a hill, hopefully my tires don't hate me now.

I drove over to KrazyKarpenter_2.5i's house around noon to drop off a hard drive before I left for school. He was working on snow removal in the driveway so I gave him a hand on the way out and plowed some of it with the front of my car
default_smile.png

Some hooning commenced there after...

Then I packed my crap and headed back to school. Final tally, 5 vehicles off the road. Was just slushy once you got past Augusta. Every time I passed a public works base thing there were about 6 plow trucks on the turnpike, but only around said public works areas. Another interesting fact, people who own luxury SUV's such as mercs and porsches don't turn their headlights on at all...

Got to school and my car looked like this:

m6QiO.jpg

rn2zi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost got hit by a lady in a Volvo SUV (XC90 or some such name). Luckily I saw her slowing down to take the turn onto the street I was on and I stopped to give her loads of room. She used my lane to get slideways and to hit the snowbank on my side of the street
default_biggrin.png

In the winter I'm very often in defensive driving mode... Left hand firmly gripped on the top of the wheel, right hand on the shifter, right foot planted on the gas, and left foot ready on the clutch pedal.

when driving to work, school or wherever in the snow I am more worried about idiots hitting me than me hitting them. Like my driving instructor said "Drive like everyone is a moron!"

when driving to work, school or wherever in the snow I am more worried about idiots hitting me than me hitting them. Like my driving instructor said "Drive like everyone is a moron!"
That`s good advise . What pisses me off most is people driving in a snow storm without their lights on.

That`s good advise . What pisses me off most is people driving in a snow storm without their lights on.
+1!

I hate this. It's almost always pickups and SUVs with their lights off
default_biggrin.png

That drives me nuts! I flash my lights at them whenever I see it. So dangerous.

I just get slideways next to them and they usually flash me and realize their lights are off... It kills 3 birds with one stone!

1. It makes me happy

2. it makes them poo a lil

3. it gets them to turn their lights on!

I have found that this works best in the Expedition as people seem to anticipate the g35 going out of controll lol...

I had some guy in an old volvo honk at me because he didnt think I should be driving the car... we got to the light and I asked him what his problem was... he was like your driving that low car sports car in the snow...

I was like I have snow tires on, hence the fact that I was able to drive down these unplowed roads and it seems to be doing better then your car... He smiled and said "oh... have fun!" I was like well sorry I only drive my winter beater when it is nice out then I turned and covered his car with a blast of snow from my rear tires ... LOLZ! (now I had done no sliding or anything to cause this... I was drinking my java chip frapachino lite from starbucks... God! He should have seen me before that lol!)

Back