*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

Ha, they should just say that it might be sunny with a chance of snow or some sort of precipitation but that the sun might be too strong so it might not happen...but if it does we'll get something wet on the ground that may or may not be snow and if it is snow, well get something between a lot and a little..but that's only if its not sunny or cloudy..and if it is cloudy it could possibly rain or sleet if it doesn't snow........

That storm was a fail... still had a good time with big sexy, Mikey, and Devon... She isn't bad for having an auto 2.2l (did I mention those suck in the snow...f the center diff). I think next time I'll have her drive the g35.
[video=youtube;8-GbZGn5Mbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-GbZGn5Mbs
haha I wouldn't dare drive your car, I'll just have to take you out on the lake with mine.

You know Pat, I know another kid who would love to drive something RWD
default_smile.png

haha I wouldn't dare drive your car, I'll just have to take you out on the lake with mine.
Haha... In a parking lot with nothing to hit I am fine with it... You did well for what you had to work with. My car is easier to control in the snow (once you get used to the rearend kicking out). I will get you some washer sprayers so you can see!!! Ill try to get them off the parts car today. HAHAHA!

I def want to try the lake but I dont think I could get my cars onto it. Ben said he will take you in the Project car when it is done... I think that would scare you lol. We gotta get you into a RWD car... You have a pretty good understanding of car control and could be pretty good at drifting with practice.

You know Pat, I know another kid who would love to drive something RWD
default_smile.png
Next time if we get snow I'll take you for a ride. Mikey's car is a lot better for the stuff we did last night... My car being rwd isn't good for tight stuff in the snow only long higher speed stuff... It can do tighter things but I dont want to hit a curb...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha... In a parking lot with nothing to hit I am fine with it... You did well for what you had to work with. My car is easier to control in the snow (once you get used to the rearend kicking out). I will get you some washer sprayers so you can see!!! Ill try to get them off the parts car today. HAHAHA!
I def want to try the lake but I dont think I could get my cars onto it. Ben said he will take you in the Project car when it is done... I think that would scare you lol. We gotta get you into a RWD car... You have a pretty good understanding of car control and could be pretty good at drifting with practice.

Thankyouuuuu! I drove home with my chair reclined all the way back just so i could see.

and I doubt I'll get scared. =]

storm was definatly a fail. too many bare spots. oh well, i slid my car a little and made a lot of noise, so im ok with that!

automatic center diffs FTL haha

storm was definatly a fail. too many bare spots. oh well, i slid my car a little and made a lot of noise, so im ok with that!

Yeah I need a manual asap in my subie! I gotta grab that car off my friend and talk Ben into doing the swap and stopping the Cressida project!

I had fun in the g35 but mostly on the street not the lots (I didn't want to pull a Dave
default_wink.png
)

over by the mall that lot we first hit was horrible with bare spots

Very baddddd. We went to one later after you left that wasn't too bad, just a smaller area.
I just figured out how to fix the issue your car and my car was having. The auto is a 90/10 fw/rw split. When in 1 and 2 it is 50/50 (awd) that is why when Mikey said to do that it was more fun.

There is a trick to solve this (only use it in snow/ice/rain/dirt). We will be building one for my car. (only cost like $15 or less to make).

It basically is a switch(resistor setup) to take the electronic center diff and make it stay in awd by taking the power away from it!

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f8/t99075-4eat-diff-lock-switch-handbrake-mod-torquemada-lite.html

Yes please.So this is only for when I'm messing around off roads?

It will kind of work like the vdc in an sti (not really tho). Its only for wet/dirty conditions (ie:snow storms/lakes/mud/offroad/ swaps
default_smile.png
). Think of it as 4wd not awd when the switch is on.

I also found another mod that makes the transmission shift better (not change gears all the time).

I am going to radio shack tomorrow to get the stuff to make one to test it out.

You wouldn't want to drive around all day every day with it on as it would wear the center diff out (on dry tar)...

Right now the car is in 50/50 in 1 and 2 and over 40 or so is 90/10...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see how you would need 50/50 above 40mph anyway
default_smile.png
. I think the car will put it back in 50/50 if it thinks its sliding.

I can't see how you would need 50/50 above 40mph anyway
default_smile.png
. I think the car will put it back in 50/50 if it thinks its sliding.

Nope it gets confused and goes fwd or just switches like crazy... Its not the same as a manual transmission center diff.

Pat, Are you telling people I almost killed you? I had the car under control the entire time. hahah just scared of a female driver.

Snow tomorrow hopefully. 30% chance of snow in Yarmouth from 12-2, then it goes up to 50% for a few hours and then switches between 40 and 50% for the rest of the day. Probably no snow day, but anybody up for some snow-fun tomorrow?

Pat, Are you telling people I almost killed you? I had the car under control the entire time. hahah just scared of a female driver.
Haha never... I got you washer sprayers off my parts car so next time you can see!!! No more snow banks to avoid last second!

BTW you suck for being in Florida right now!

Back