*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

GClark....you think our dirt drives are fun...just wait for our snow rides...lol just as fast but with snow banks to "help" us slow down or negotiate corners.

A couple inches so far today. Still had a bit on the ground from last Sun. A lull right now. I had my snow tires put on the WRX this afternoon. It must be sticky, wet snow. I have no DirecTV :-(

i keep finding an icy intersection on the way to work. i can't wait for snow, i need something to plow so i can get overtime

the studded 17's are ON... can't wait. I always get the rollyeyes from all the other guys in the shop when I put my studs on, apparently it's overkill...? Hooking up in the snow is FUN!!!

firestone winterforce.. I've run about every studded snow except for these, so we'll see how they do in a few weeks.

this year has some chances for extremes.

hottest weather ever, in many places...

bangor tied a 2002 early snowfall date of october something

and this is a shot I took today at huber mill in easton (picking up a load)

snowinthe60s.jpg

60 degrees, late afternoon, and ice can be seen in many places.. little ponds edges in the fields, etc.

I give up on winter tread. learned my lesson. I drove them all year round studless mimicking an off/onroad all terrain. dumb idea. They don't even like 70mph.

I look forward to these delivered:

yokohama geolander. the oly little sube all terrain I could find. Rating is an S instead of a T but 50k miles is quite alright by me.

I don't find studded tires overkill at all! I had a borrowed set on my Legacy last winter and they did awesome. Better than any all season tire could dream of doing. I could go up a steep hill in heavy snow and be pushing it over my hood.

I still hate studded tires because they're so damn loud!!

And they're blatantly dangerous on pavement. I've had a few scares with them. I probably won't run studded tires again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda excited for snow. I'm stuck driving my GL anyway now because the legacy is parked... so let it fly!

I was in Portland all night and didn't get a flake. But I did see a lot of cars going South as I was driving home covered in snow.

Back