Nate's OBS: Out Front

I think Spin was the only one bashing it
default_smile.png

So if I came over this weekend, when would a garage bay be free?
default_smile.png

lol yes, cause I was the only one saying that it actually worked.
default_biggrin.png
You get no heat and no garage bay, that's what you get for disrespecting the Mobstah
default_smile.png
Not so funny now, is it!
default_smile.png

Sooooo... I found a KB short shifter kit I want to grab up. $50 without bushings sound good? I know they're about $100 new, but I don't know if that's with bushings or not.

Anyway, will I need bushings, or is it a good idea to replace them?

i think you can use your bushings, but the kb ones are a hard plastic for a more sure feel. i have the ones in the shifter and the linkage. it's schweet

Do you happen to have any used ones Gabe?
default_biggrin.png

I also found a set of Eibach lowering springs for around $100. I don't really want to change my height though...

I think I'll stick with sways and strut bars for suspension mods.

Nate, you should get these. I think they'll fit?!?!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1910599
I think the length might be different on wagons vs sedans vs coupes.

I don't know if I want them though. The more I have on the car, the more I care about parking-lot scratches
default_tongue.png
. I would have to see before/after pictures of them on a wagon to be certain though
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Agree with Bratman,that s a nice deal for you,and it'll make your wagon look nice!
What do they usually go for?

I'm sure you could find pics of them on a wagon on RS25 or Nasioc. I think it's the same length for all. And yes it is a good price

98 OBS? And your worried about parking lot scratches? You need to get that car dirty.

and those sideskirts would look freaking great on your wagon. Also the short shifter is one of the best things you can get, along with the sway bar. Start modding boizzzz.

I missed a $15 20mm WRX RSB
default_tongue.png
. Stupid homework. Shipping from Colorado wouldn't have been cheap, but still...

I've noticed a new "set" of scratches on each corner of my car since three weeks ago. I can't tell if its white paint of road salt on two of the corners though. Another corner I think is my fault for pulling too far up into a parking spot that had sharp semi-frozen snow in front of it. Its all the way through paint, down to the flat black plastic.

Still not sold on the sideskirts. I've never really understood why they're such a big deal, its the part of the car that you kick your muddy/snowy shoes off on before getting in...
default_additional_sillylol.gif

98 OBS? And your worried about parking lot scratches? You need to get that car dirty.
I missed a $15 20mm WRX RSB
default_tongue.png
. Stupid homework. Shipping from Colorado wouldn't have been cheap, but still...I've noticed a new "set" of scratches on each corner of my car since three weeks ago. I can't tell if its white paint of road salt on two of the corners though. Another corner I think is my fault for pulling too far up into a parking spot that had sharp semi-frozen snow in front of it. Its all the way through paint, down to the flat black plastic.

Still not sold on the sideskirts. I've never really understood why they're such a big deal, its the part of the car that you kick your muddy/snowy shoes off on before getting in...
default_wink.png
Welcome to owning a car. Being in highschool and college is a nightmare for trying to keep a car nice. People just don't give two ****s about other peoples stuff. My RS used to not have a million dings in it. You'll be awfully sad when you throw a bunch of money at your car, and some idiot highschool kid or drunk college kid flings their door open into your car. Just drive the damn thing and enjoy it.

When I switched from "street" to "dirt", my mind changed too. I use to freak about every freaking little scratch and bump. Waxed the **** out of my car. Now shes my rally queen, full of scratches from tight jeep trails, I broke a strut, and dents on, under, an on top of my car. I find it easier to not care, although I get ****ing pissed when someone slams there ****ing door into my ****ing car.But I get pissed about every other driver anyways.

Nate. Its really good that you care about your car. I respect you way more then half of the ****ing kids that dont give two ****s because their mommies paid for their sheet. You cant stress about it though, it happens(sadly). Now, go out and enjoy the scooby.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So it sounds like its a bad idea to throw over $100 on sideskirts, IMO. I personally don't even notice them on cars, unless they're some massive ricey crap.

So you say you wanna do things to make your car look and drive better, but any time someone gives a suggestion, you make up excuses as to why you don't want to?? I understand if you don't have the $, trust me I do, but that has not been your case for most things suggested. We are just trying to help you achieve your goal.....to make your car look and drive better!! I can see some side skirts being labeled as ricey, but these aren't. The are factory on the 2 and 4 door GC RS.

So you say you wanna do things to make your car look and drive better, but any time someone gives a suggestion, you make up excuses as to why you don't want to?? I understand if you don't have the $, trust me I do, but that has not been your case for most things suggested. We are just trying to help you achieve your goal.....to make your car look and drive better!! I can see some side skirts being labeled as ricey, but these aren't. The are factory on the 2 and 4 door GC RS.
I'm not making excuses. I just don't think they do much. I wasn't saying that they were all ricey, I was saying that they're just not noticeable (to me) unless they're massive ricey pieces of crap. The RS ones are definitely not ricey
default_tongue.png

Come on, they look gooooood.
I honestly wouldn't have even noticed them if we hadn't been discussing them.

I looked for pictures of RS-sideskirted wagons on RS25 and didn't find anything. I found an OBS that's going to get them soon, and the owner's going to post pix for me ASAP
default_wink.png

Back