Nate's OBS: Out Front

Yessah they do

skirts-on_800.jpg

dsc079102yz.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

Wagon032.jpg

Go on nasioc in the calling all gf8 thread, theres hundreds of pics.

I just don't think its worth $115 for a few extra buldges on the bottom of my car... I'm looking at a skidplate instead for the same price
default_wink.png

Planning on 5-spoke RS wheels, intake, I-badge. And a RSB if I find a WRX one at a good price. I think I won't want to spend much money after wheels though, a few hundred is a big chunk of my money.

Also that short shifter I mentioned earlier.

You're not going to use the skid plate most likely and nobody will even be able to see that. Unless you have plans that you haven't made obvious here, a skid plate will do you less good than the side skirts.

I wouldn't get the intake. Its done nothing good for me but make more noise.(It does sound gnarly) The car tends to almost stalls(bogs like hell) when you try to take off, it needs a tune, but again that's more $$$. It also collects a lot more road grime and dust in the filter. I would just get the k & n filter, its cheap($40), makes more noise, and adds the same amount of hp. Im going to be putting my stock one back on this summer when I get back to Maine. Spend the money on an exhaust. Headers + High Flow cat + STI axelback = sexy scooby. Or if you dont want to spend lots of $$$, just get a flowmaster axelback welded on at some muffler shop. Should be like 100.

Oh and the skidplate. I bought a get-primitive one back in August and haven't installed it yet.(actually its getting welded on tonite!) I've done everything to that poor car, and in non of those situations did I wish I had a skidplate. I been up some rocky rocky jeep trails, kicking rocks up everywhere. Nothing bad has happened. If you really want a skidplate, make your own with a street sign or sheet of metal. Its not worth $200.(Maybe ive just been lucky.)

Last edited by a moderator:
So is an intake worth it if its free? I thought I might need a tune, but I was hoping to get by on just an ECU reset.

I also want an exhaust. I may hit up Mikey for a custom exhaust some time in the future.

Well you can't beat free. I would do it, then if you don't like it, just switch back to stock. Dont spend too much monies on it, or you'll be kicking yourself like me.

I agree with the G. If you want sound, you can just take the snorkus out. That with the K&N will work just as good, if not better than a short ram intake. If you're going to BUY an actual intake, get a 2 piece cold air, or else don't bother. Both the stock setup, with the snorkus removed and a 2 piece cold air will suck colder air in from the fender. A short ram, you'll just suck in hot engine air (if you get a heat shield for it, it won't be so bad, though). I bought a 2 piece cold air for my 97 Impreza before I did the turbo swap. I ran it as a short ram during the winter/spring and cold air in the summer/fall (I was worried about getting water in it, but I never actually had that problem.) $65 on eBay. I still have the fender piece, the part that connects to the intake manifold, Lobstah and I hacked up for his Brighton (which he shortly after removed.) I didn't have MUCH problem bogging after I got my exhaust done; only when WOT from idle.

Winter pictures, no editing done to them (yet). I may play with colors later and see what happens.

Random F-stop setting:

edit: We don't have auto image downsizing anymore? I changed the links to thumbnails instead of the full pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also debadged it a bit. I heated up and peeled off the "Norm's" sticker and the "Impreza" sticker. I left the "Outback" (it is a badge) and the "S U B A R U"

It turns out my car is from PA! The paint was better where the original dealer sticker blocked the light, beneath the Norm's sticker.

Cool! It's always cool to find where your car came from. I know mine is from mass, but I don't know where. I've had my car to PA a few times though.

notice how there's no close-ups of the front bumper?
default_wink.png

I actually bent it so that more air gets to my FMIC

<<

>>

<<

Once its warm out, I'm going to have a nice party with my hood, grill, bumper, and some sandpaper and bondo.

Haha, yup
default_wink.png

Although I don't know if my engine notices a difference with the plate on, off, and on+bent. I assume the radiator (not FMIC) can handle it no matter what.

My corner lights are in the oven
default_additional_sillylol.gif

I still can't decide between a bunch of final products though:

1. paint shiny stuff black, remove orange piece

2. paint shiny stuff black, leave orange piece

3. leave shiny stuff shiny, remove orange

4. paint half of shiny stuff black, leave orange

5. half black, remove orange

I saw one set that were painted half black and had the orange piece left in, and it looked good, but I can't find that guy's post (I can't even remember if it was RS25 or NASIOC).

Back