Nate's OBS: Out Front

nah, if you're using all purpose primer i doubt it matters. plus you sanded. i didn't even sand. that's just the bonus with fusion, no sanding no priming. add it to your car knowledge library, krylon fusion rocks.

sounds good. I'll throw on a coat of plain old krylon black and see how it holds up after 12 minutes drying (with no primer). I'll sand it back off if it doesn't stick.

scratch that, the cans are still super cold from being in the garage. I have to let them heat up a bit first...

Last edited by a moderator:
Baking the second lens trying to get that damn orange piece loose.

Here's how easy the first one came out!

And the second one, not so much... I got pissed and decided to start breaking it off piece by piece.

Taped off, ready for paint.

Painted! I've never had tape-off lines so smooth before
default_tongue.png

Here's how the car was sitting for the night...

Voila! Looks so much better!

Drool... I can't decide if I would have liked it just clear or not. I like it black though
default_smile.png

Light output barely changed.

Arrrrg! Subie ANGRY

Haha, thanks!

Now I'm thinking of replacing the bumper and fender turn signals. Not going to happen though.

I washed it today in a coin-fed one. That was a mistake... Should have done it tomorrow afternoon, earlier than tonight.

I have a layer of blue ice on my hood and blue icicles hanging off of my roof rack... Whoops.

^^^ hahahahaha. i do mine when i punch out at 3. minimal icing and no coloring, our pressure washer is out of soap

You have one at your house with soap?

I was going to do it at 2:30 after school, but I had to drive to portland at 3:20 and just did it when I got home at 5:20ish.

we have one at work. we use it for the trucks and if the fleet manager feels nice we can do our cars. one guy peeled off his clearcoat. yeah, she got nut

I can't wait until spring!

I barely got to pressure wash my under body. Stupid timer ticked super fast.

I think I got the worst of it. I couldn't really look though.

LOL... no I doubt it.

Salt sticks and you got it wet which makes it worse... Now you gotta re do it. Bring more then 2.50 next time. I wash my car once by the pressure washer and then once thru the super wash... costs about $15 but its clean and rust free!

I'm just going to do an automatic one next time during the winter. Is this what you mean by "super wash?" I can't wait until we can turn on our hoses without risk of frozen pipes.

The new wagon i got has a Alpine headunit in it that i can sell ya. Im not sure what model it is or what functions it has, but i can let you know when i get the car the end of this week.

I'm pretty sure it is the same model!

Anyway, a guy on some other forums said he'd sell it to me for $75 shipped because I'm a fellow Subie owner.

Back