Nate's OBS: Out Front

All problems sorted now.

Some guy in Canada is offering to by my head unit for $130 shipped (shipping is about $50). I'm super tempted so that I can finally have some pre-outs and start building the audio system up from there.

make sure that you get the money in hand before you ship it.....international shipping can be tricky...make sure you dont pay for anything.....

When shipping overseas there are a few important things, getting money first is one, and what you put in the box that says what it is. Can't remember off the top of my head I got up at 5 and had a long day, but basically the general genera of what's in the package.

Basically you don't want it to hang up in customs, so you can't say it's something someone is paying you for. Or it'll be an issue, someone will end up paying taxes on it. I usually either put "gift" or if I'm sending it to somewhere like Iceland or Norway, if it's an expensive item I'll put "sample merchandise" and it'll get through without any issue.

Just make sure you make it look nice. Cut off the ends of all the wires, tape them up, etc. Make it look legit like something that's not a used item you're selling to someone... Good luck. If you want help with it just ask.

I have friends all over the world, and I've lived all over the world so I've done a lot of international shipping.

^^^exactly....i parted out an old atv and sold some parts to a guy in canada...unaware of the taxes for importing the guy got screwed and was very mad at me...he payed twice as much as i got for the stuff....

Fixed... Why not support a shop that helps pay to keep this site up and running.
huh, that's funny. since before lobstah was a vendor on here, you, and most of the other mods would tell members to take their cars to him, and nobody got their posts edited for saying " go to lobstah' shop"...

Just saying.

^ Joe, I accidentally deleted those PMs when I cleared my inbox/outbox a while ago. Do you mind posting the model # again? And you've got an extra harness for it since it came off of one of your project cars, right? I'm specifically looking for at least 3 pre-outs and an aux input, and hopefully USB as well.

huh, that's funny. since before lobstah was a vendor on here, you, and most of the other mods would tell members to take their cars to him, and nobody got their posts edited for saying " go to lobstah' shop"...Just saying.
Don't worry Mikey, I still want (need, my axle back looks like its about to rust through) you to build me an exhaust. Gotta find time to get up there for a quote though.

Just realized that my link to go to my userCP wasn't working with IP, so I didn't realize the forum was up (Carter, change the 404 page please
default_wink.png
).

Anyway... The BRAKE light was on due to low-ish brake fluid. I bought a bottle at NAPA and refilled, but didn't bother to bleed or anything. I'm going to try to check the color of the fluid tomorrow to see if it needs to be replaced completely, but I'll probably be fine.

edit: photobucket ran out of bandwidth for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some clear bumper blinker lenses that would fit your car if you want them. You would just need to grab some amber bulbs so they were legal

I am tempted, but then I would want clear fender blinkers too
default_wink.png

I'll let you know in a bit. I'm trying to get audio stuff sorted out first.

And I just realized I passed my 1-month quota for photobucket. I'll try to reupload them to somewhere else some time this week.

The colour of the brake fluid doesn't really mean anything. Different manufactures make it different colours. Unless you know you put green fluid in your last change and it's now fuchsia you can't really go by colour.

Edit: What happened to the image resizing addon we had yesterday?

q0X5y.jpg

tTdlH.jpg

Too fast for my little brother's shutter finger
default_tongue.png

7HgWk.jpg

Iwbl1.jpg

MnLwz.jpg

uXK2c.jpg

Oveeersteeeer!

nrmnr.jpg

I didn't like how scratched up the bumper was (school parking lot ftl) so I repainted it with some random wheel paint from NAPA.

That'd be me, lmao.

I just noticed how much body roll there is, wow.

Back