Nate's OBS: Out Front

Nate I can't see pics at work, what brand/model of head unit did you buy? Everything I have ever owned always had an AUX Input mode. There has to be a way to listen to AUX without the CD interfering. Even stuff that comes from walmart and costs less than $100 has AUX mode for MP3 players and IPods.

Nate I can't see pics at work, what brand/model of head unit did you buy? Everything I have ever owned always had an AUX Input mode. There has to be a way to listen to AUX without the CD interfering. Even stuff that comes from walmart and costs less than $100 has AUX mode for MP3 players and IPods.
He modified an STi head unit.

It didn't come with an AUX input? My 2009 did, right inside the center console, super stealthy.
They started with aux in for all the cars in around 2007.

now you will just have to install some thumpers man and disguise it at NOS!

NOS8.jpg

NOS is illegal? They sell it in Utah...
just for street use. All tanks have to be shut and disconnected from injection.

You sure you're not just seeing the energy drink?
default_rolleyes.gif
Its legal to sell though.

did you end up with those grounding wires? i dropped them off in the wee hours yesterday for lobstah to grab

Not yet. I'm going to pick them up next Sunday (at the latest) when I'm there in Topsham anyway. At least, that's my plan. I haven't seen Lobstah reply in the ebay thread with a good time for him.

I'll PM him when the weekend draw's closer.

schweet. and fyi, you don't need to use it like it's set up, it just came like that. i think there are walkthroughs all over ze interwebz. you'll see what i mean

Yeah I have a single nasioc post bookmarked right now awaiting it
default_tongue.png
. I'll probably do something to the contacts to prevent rust first.

RE Threadjack in Jason's thread.

Your reverse gear isn't synchronized. So if the car is moving, or if the input shaft is spinning, it will not go into reverse. Make sure the car is completely stopped before choosing reverse. And if you just push in the clutch and shift to reverse, it will grind. Because the input shaft will still be spinning, so do what Gabe said and shift into another gear first to stop the input shaft with that gear's synchros.

^ I'll try that.

Actually, what I've been doing is just getting ready to go before I start the car (so as to not waste time once the clutch is down), putting it in reverse (from first), starting it, and going.

It doesn't grind this way
default_smile.png
. Still grinds while parallel parking after 25 minutes on the road though.

Still not good to grind it all the time. Start doing things to prevent that. I guess I could put my car in reverse before leaving. Good idea, but I'd need to hold my clutch in while it warmed up. Yes, I let my car warm up ...

If it is really freezing in the winter my car doesn't always like shifting into reverse till the tranny warms up, so I just park so I can leave in 1st.

If it is really freezing in the winter my car doesn't always like shifting into reverse till the tranny warms up
I don't think that any scoob's like shifting into reverse any gear for the matter, when they are cold

Back