Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...StiXXX' 2005 STi

that's a pretty damn good deal. I wonder if there are any performance advantages over the stock one?

Yup, there are definite advantages.

The Syms wing's adjustable angle can be used to increase down-force over the OEM wing.Three ways, in fact.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well, Forced Performance has f*ked me over on my Green build, they're a sorry two weeks behind the promised delivery date.

I'm starting to think gt35r instead, and phuck FP....The 35r is rated as high as 650hp, and they've improved the newest release, so if FP doesn't pull head from pucker shortly, it looks like a new build strategy is In Order. One that excludes Forced Performance.

It amazes me that you can give people thousands of dollars and they just f*ck it all off.

GReddy's worse, what a bunch of TOOLS.

Yea I had a FP green and I blew it within the one year warrenty and it took him like 2-3 weeks to fix it and send it back. :angry4:

I got the APS TGV delete today, so the install is good to be All Done.

If the FP ever blows I'll likely go with a rotated-mount turbo.

Perrin or an APS, most likely.

After tune n' dyno, aside from stereo work, I'm All Done for now.

Time to drive this grandma.

In the spring I'll do (show-quality to the tune of $5K) paint.

I don't know if I'll stay with OEM OBP or switch it up.

(I favor Porsche '89 gunmetal blue)

I do know that the carbon fiber hood & trunk are both getting painted when it happens.

Monochrome/V.I.P. Style.

I expect in < 10 days I'll have dyno #s and some pics of her slammed for summer, I can't wait.

Well, I was at NEAD today looking at the OEM TGV's, and the APS kit, side by side.

Straight shot in, or those weeney little ecu-controlled flaps, & ze' choice is obvious, even to a mechanical simpleton like myself.

FP said the Green wouldn't work for sh*t without a TGV delete, and I can see why.

Tell ya what, if you want to attempt to fab a TGV delete yourself, you can have my OEM TGV to fiddle with, if you can do it, then it might save you the $450 I just spent at Harman.

And obviously it'd save you the hassle of down time.

I'd just ask that you pass your OEM TGV on to someone else if they want to try a DIY TGV delete fab,etc.etc.

Vtek, one thing, the 3" inlet on the FP is a bit in the way of the APS TGV delete OR the OEM TGV.

Mikey's sorting it out by adjusting the up-pipe, I believe, but the APS unit fits millimeter to millimeter spot-on to the OEMs slot, it just deletes the TGV controller at the end of each stack.

With an OEM turbo, the delete kit is a perfect fit, the FP needs tickling. I have that 3" Agency Power inlet pipe (aluminum) to toss in over the OEM plastic, so when it's all sorted out it should perform good and even look decnt,too.

Also, the Rally Armor flaps went on.

Grade: A++

Killer stainless fittings, OEM fit, looks slick with the 245/40/18's and I couldn't be more pleased. Next, I have to drive 'em.

I can't wait to drive it.

TGV deletes are great if u want every bit of HP, and it becomes a necessity when ur in the higher HP range

the DIY is pretty easy too, just taking everything apart would take a while

i wouldnt mind having a delete myself :happy3:

JCov,

If VTek doesn't want mah' OEM TGVs, you're Most Welcome to 'em.

Not a beeg deal of a 'mod, but I'm not Handy like that, so pay, I must.
default_wink.png

JCov,

If VTek doesn't want mah' OEM TGVs, you're Most Welcome to 'em.

Not a beeg deal of a 'mod, but I'm not Handy like that, so pay, I must.
default_wink.png
sounds good to me, but Vtek deff has first dibs. i dont want to step on anyones feet.

i can always be next in line for his.

ill see u this weekend, ill be doing some runs with the new tranny friday night @ NED and showing Sat.

then off to BE on sunday

That would be awesome I will most defenitly take those and give it a go. Next week my car is getting outfited with a ton of upgrades of all sorts. I ran into an amazing deal from a fellow sti owner who will shortly be trading his car in.

Nice!

It'll be a week or so b4 I get 'er out of the shop to go to Dent Sport, I'll bring 'em home then & meet you in Windham any time you'd like.

Whatcha' think of this plate??

attachment.php

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

I'm thinking the STi would look bueno with it...

Yay.

The motor's back together.

Plumbed, piped, and meth'd.

Now, a flatbed to Dent, a tune and some dyno action, and I'm back in the forced-induction business.

The RX-8 was boring the %@#**!! out of me, No Torque.

Dude;After spending the last 15 minutes reading this all i have to say is :headbang:Nice ride,.....and... i can apreciate the attitude....I start my quest tomorrow on a 06 wrx lt. build......The build is like a drug ...there is never enough and always room for more...GOOD LUCK wzrd :glasses9:

Back