Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...StiXXX' 2005 STi

Thanks for the kind words.

Funny you say that about painting c/f.

When the UV coating fades, and it will, I'll paint the CF to match the car. Nice idea on the "cut-outs", I'll remember that for future reference.
don't wait too long. if it yellows it usually gets micro cracks in the surface. they are a grandma to sand out (especially if you go through and hit the weave.

She's garaged in the summer, and will likely be put up for the winter. The trunk, the only 'mod that came on the car, is tinting yellow, when I paint the car it'll be getting sprayed, as well.

I'll get three summers, probably, out of the hood. If it looks less than perfect, I'll spray that, too.

It's just so pretty and glossy when new.
default_frown.gif

I can completely over the hood, a nice change!

Now, if I can just get this all finished up and tuned before Ascutney, all will be just swell!

+1 for Synaptic

got to drive a rally-prepped Evo they built, it belonged to a student attending Team O'Neil

the guy let me wring it out pretty good "it';s OK to drive her like she's spozed to be?" "yeh sure, knok yourself out...just please don't hit anything!" ...YOWWW-ZAAA! it was so solid and so tail-happy, with great power all along the rev band. the owner was grinning like one of STM's new super-smileys.

We should go up to Oxford and do some 1/8ths for fun-and Import Wars is a must, along with NOPI!
it would be fun to hit up oxford sometime, just to take down some unexpecting victims :evil1:

With all the HP, I want some downforce, so here's track day's NRG Carbon 8 Sym's Replica Wing to with the Timeattack rims.

I dig it, just a little bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dammit, I KNEW that looked like your ride! Spotted you last night while I was at the Westbrook Rite Aid drive through.

I'll say it again - you, sir, have a mean looking ride.

That thing looks totally mean from that angle!! ^^

Nice work man!

prob looks a little more sleeper with the wing off though, ah? Still sweet though!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys!

I was installing it yesterday at NEAD and headed home when I passed Rite Aid.

I had hoped the Syms wing was going to be easily removable, but as I found out, it uses the bottom half of the stock wing, so we had to drill the hell out of the c/f trunk to set the thing up.

It's not easy to reverse, too many damn holes!

So, for the "sleeper" look, I'm going to have to order (yet another) carbon fiber slab this week. The wing looks killer, the carbon fiber from NRG is A+++, but I cannot stand the local p.d. and their bullsheeet profiling, so off it'll go shortly. The trunk is easier to pull and switch than the wing, go figure...

Today, for fun, I get to play "Sort it Out with the Ex", a game show, as I'm sure you all know, where there's No Winner and too few commercial breaks. Wish me luck, a root canal would be preferable. After that, it'll be time to drive far and fast, no doubt about it.

I used a black-pearl paint on the wing sides. It's black unless in very direct sunlight. It's a lot more "pearl" than the pearl on the STi, but I dig it. In fact, when I repaint the car, I think I'll go with OEM OBP, but have 'em add a bucket of pearl flake or color-change flake to it. Then clearcoat for that "candy" finish.

The Teins were a superb investment, the STi rides like an Impreza now if I want it to, and the "gyroscope" feeling of the stock springs is history. However, I think the rims and tires and my favorite 'mod so far.

Perrin makes a delete for the rubber steering bushings, it is supposed to be killer for improved steering and road feel. I'll have it installed in a few weeks, they make 'em for all STis, I'll let you know what I think of before/after.

Btw, Falken Azenas at about $180 each for 245/40/18s are a kick ass deal, these tires stick like nobody's business!

Yay, it's spring, I washed the car and on the way home hit three puddles, arrrgh!

When the Cusco GT lip & JDM rain guards go on, it should look pretty slick, along with the JDM r. spats I'm trying to order from http://www.japanparts.com those guys respond damn slow, eeesh!

I ordered Rally Armor mud flaps, hopefully the sides of my car will suffer much less, though I'm not fond of mud flaps on sports cars. Good, clean fun, the whole STi build, I learn something new every day, & it's never cheap, lmao!

I got the wing from Import Image, it's a Syms Replica wing made by NRG, it's called the Carbon8. The center is stunning 2-sided c/f, and it attaches to the bottom half of the OEM spoiler. It was a hair over $300, shipped, unpainted.

Look here:

http://importimageonline.com/imageprint/syms-replica-wing-04-07-sti-special-/product_info.php/products_id/2123

but if you go here:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/styling-exterior/53650-syms-replica-wing-hids-284-99-shipped-1-year-warranty-seibon-carbon-fiber.html

it's only $285 plus shipping.

Look at pics of it carefully, it uses the whole bottom of the OEM tail, and it's a simple bolt on, if you don't have to drill a c/f hood like I did.

Back