Evans photo-maifesto, nws? < work dependant

I heard talk of a little white golf like yours in the L/A area shooting flames and screaming by an sti and a wrx wag the other night. haha... Wish I saw that.

I'm not saying it was you (not sure the 2.slow can rip like that), but it's a coincidence for sure.

p.s. If Brianna would like to go on a date sometime, I'd love to take her.
default_smile.png

i haven&amp;#39;t seen a white one like mine around, but my guess is that its a 1.8t swap, they're fairly common. more common but slower is the 2.8L v-6 swap.

i'll let brianna know, but in the least she'll be doing another set soon. :thumbsup:

If that was a 1.8t swap... I'm baffled. I've heard talk of a turbo'd vr6 swapped golf project. But I wasn't aware of it's completion. I would imagine that could give some quick cars a show...

i'll let brianna know, but in the least she'll be doing another set soon. :thumbsup:
hahahaha... nice

jake from rennen has a big turbo's vr6 in his mk2 jetta, but that&amp;#39;s all i know about at the moment for mk2's. i basically stay away from 99% of the vw crowd so i dont hear much about the locals.

there are 4 vr6Ts out there, 2 vr6SC. :whip2:

Nice pictures. that one with the engine ghost is cool. :thumbsup:

jake from rennen has a big turbo's vr6 in his mk2 jetta, but that&amp;#39;s all i know about at the moment for mk2's. i basically stay away from 99% of the vw crowd so i dont hear much about the locals.
that&amp;#39;s really funny that you say that. Some friends and I refer to that volkswagon crowd as "v-dub guys". Which implies their "My car and myself are way better than you" attitude. I think those cars can look totally awesome with minor touches, performance is lacking and takes some effort to create, and the wiring is a nightmare... Just not my type of car I suppose.

that&amp;#39;s basically how i feel about it. there are only 2 vw guys that i know and like. and inski.

all the others seem to have a chip on their sholder (about a car that isn&amp;#39;t really all that good) and are mainly focused with building show cars (which is fine if that floats your boat). but yeah, a mk2 gti has been on my list of cars i want to build, so here it is. its not fast, but i have the wrx for that. its not the 16v, but the 8v is more reliable, and it looks decent for the mods done to it. theres more on the way too, this is just the first phase.

at this point i use mvws and vwvortex like i use nasioc, to answer questions and buy parts, but i avoid all the filler.

nifty little rig for what i have into it though.... :occasion14:

Yes, I'd say it is a nifty little rig. Probably much better on gas then my little daily. And I agree, its nice to have a little budget beater to abuse that isn't as awe-inspiring as your "real car" but can be just as fun to drive. Its just like my wag and 240 situation. I love them both for different reasons, and they both put a smile on my face when I'm behind the wheel. One's a high maintenance broad and the other's a hippy chick. Yup. I said it. :angel12:

portsmouth (friendly toast), boston (theater/commons district), cape cod (just off nantucket).

DSC_0232R.jpg

DSC_0242R.jpg

DSC_0263R.jpg

DSC_0277R.jpg

DSC_0285R.jpg

DSC_0288R.jpg

DSC_0316R.jpg

DSC_0326R.jpg

DSC_0345R.jpg

(unimog)

DSC_0370R.jpg

DSC_0485R.jpg

DSC_0499R.jpg

those last ones went down like the Hindenburg, maybe some more subaru content will help.

this is the last set before i change setups.

DSC_1103R.jpg

DSC_1112R.jpg

DSC_1123R.jpg

love teh kittah pics.

the night pics look real good too!, cept, there is some hobo sleepin in the last pic, dont know if you saw that or not. .. .might wanna keep some "bum off" in yer car for those occassions. .....

:violent5:

And what are you using? SB-800? It's obviously on a tripod off to the side - I wasn't aware your camera had Commander Mode on it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/turbo93impreza/DSC_9989.jpg

single monolight with a battery pack, 24"x24" softbox and radio transmitter to fire, plus an IR remote for the last one.

i got them for modeling so that i can solve my lighting-in-not-perfect-weather shooting issues, but i've got a couple things coming up that are going to be shoots in total darkness so i wanted to see how well they worked. one thing i learned is that i need another battery pack to make use of the second strobe, or at least an assistant to hold my 42" reflector panel.

adorama had them on sale a month or two ago, i was fed up with trying to piece together a bowens or whatever set, so i just figured i'd give them a try.

i dont think i'll need any more power than i needed for a whole car in pitch black, and those were shot at half power with one light. so i think i'm good for now.

Back