Mah cah!

I told him he had to share how he did this. It's exactly what I pictured when he said he didn't want to tell!!

I achieved my goal of livening up the thread!
default_smile.png

So my poor car is having some more issues
default_rolleyes.gif

I got home today after a long drive to an awful awful burning smell. My right rear wheel was BURNING hot. I burned myself just touching the wheel.

I'm not sure what's up with it, I didn't have enough time home to let it cool off before having to leave again. But I'm assuming the brake is effed up, seized caliper or the pad fell apart or something. I dunno :/

I had Warren Autobarn replace the rear brakes about a year or year and a half ago before I know what I was doing with cars. So of course it breaks ... they've completely effed up my car. So hopefully tomorrow when I have some time in the morning I can sort out what's going on with it and what parts I need.

Probably brake pads and rotor at the least, it's gotta be fried!
default_frown.gif
Then most likely caliper rebuild kit or a new one or something, I'll have to see.

Nope! Discs all around
default_rolleyes.gif
I just have stealthy steel wheels so it's hard to see them
default_frown.gif

Huh, I didn't know that. Well that sucks. Just make sure that everything moves freely when you take it apart, like the slides etc. That's what I would look at first

Yea, I'm hoping it's something stupid. But it did get REALLY hot, so I'm afraid I may have fried something. We'll see....

Could have, which would suck!!! Those are parts I don't have. But hopefully it just cooked the rotor and not the caliper

I'm so sick of cars ... haha. I liked when lived in Norway and never even had use for a car. I went everywhere on bicycle, walking, or kick sled if it was winter. It was wonderful ... heh. I personally can't stand cars, but I hate not knowing how things work so I make the most out of having to drive them.

At least my GL is treating me nice
default_rolleyes.gif
I love that car
default_frown.gif

Well that's good to hear. I'm really glad I was able to sell it to someone who really enjoys it!! But it does suck about the Lego. You gotta love cars!!! They are a pain in the ass sometimes, but they can be tons of fun too!!

I took it apart, cleaned it all up, and took the shims off the brake pads. And it's working again. I'll just keep an eye on it and if it acts up more I'll rebuild it.

I think the pads. they were really hard to get out of the slides. so I pullled it all apart. cleaned it all up and greased it really well. now after about 100 miles of driving it's fine. been feeling the wheel after each drive.

So it froze up again. Good and frozen to.
default_smile.png

What are my options? Norm's wants FORTY FIVE DOLLARS for one that's used with more miles than mine!!! That's ridiculous...

Good idea. I also found some ones online for $45. I don't understand how Norm's can charge new or near new price on things. They told me they'd sell me a clutch cable with 230k for $45 and I got a new one from EG for like $52. I don't get it...

Back