Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...StiXXX' 2005 STi

It's the 8cm/3" Green,ceramic coating,etc.

One of the best parts about tuning is,if you don't get what you want the first time,you figure out where to improve,then do it.

To me,it's like a puzzle.

As to the car,or me,the driver,there's always room for improvement,that's the way life is.

If I don't like this turbo,I'll simply install another one.

Easy enough.
For the record, I think you'll love it if you drive this car on the street with regularity. 30r was fairly balls out fast/fun, but if I had to do it again I wouldn't have ever ditched the FP.

It's the 8cm/3" Green,ceramic coating,etc.

One of the best parts about tuning is,if you don't get what you want the first time,you figure out where to improve,then do it.

To me,it's like a puzzle.

As to the car,or me,the driver,there's always room for improvement,that's the way life is.

If I don't like this turbo,I'll simply install another one.

Easy enough.
For the record, I think you'll love it if you drive this car on the street with regularity.

The green is a .4x a/r hotside. Crazy spool, but the reason most people run into boost creep and end up going external gate.

you all must realize that most racing has little to do with the car and the power, but it has LOTS to do with the driver skills! I watched an ancient 280z that had been dug out of a farmers field 2 months prior, and with a slipping clutch, set fast time of the day at a winter rallycross. There were prep'd rally cars there, Sti's, Evo's, audi's. And yet a RWD car set FTD on a "fun run"!

Al and I have rx'd my RS and he got first in class and FTD and I got like 10th or something in class. Same car, different drivers, different results.

You can have all the car you want, but it's still all about the driver.

BTW. http://www.teamoneil.com

PS can't wait to get my arse handed to me at Storyland!

That's the proper term for what I'm building: a race/street car.

I've seen auto-X,it's not my cup of tea.

I like watching Rally.

Time Attack,to me,seems like a blast,I like the idea of fastest lap on the track,in class,wins.

And drag-racing an AWD car-what could be more fun?

race/street...??

maybe so, but a time attack car with 400+ whp and stock belts and no cage?! thanks I'll watch but not ask for a ride

and ppl here can vouch that Nigel ain't afraid to go on some pretty wild rides

try some time attack with the car as is, get some seat time and experience before cutting loose with the Beeeg Boossst, your mom will be glad you did
default_redface.gif

raisin wheres the list to sign up for street rides? I'll add my name shoulds like it'l bring a smile to my face.

Yup,a 400+WHP time attack car with no cage.

Just think of the "Death on the Highway" movie they showed you in p.e.
default_redface.gif

The RX is still under-cover for another week or so,till the weather improves. When I get her out and dust her off I'll be sure and get some fresh new pictures up.

The 8's a beautiful,well-mannered car that hauls arse,but it's 250 @crank-hp /5.9 0-60 is no match for the STi's brute-force torque,that's for sure.

If have a date,the 8's a far better choice,the STi,even with the Tein EDFC,is still choppy as hell and not quiet,at all.

The 8's like driving a helicopter-the roto spools up like a turbine.

Oh,and it handles like a dream,stock.

I'd like to stick staggered 19"s and Tein EDFC on her,but it's not worth it,as I don't drive her that much-she's got 30K since April '04...

Just think of the "Death on the Highway" movie they showed you in p.e.
default_redface.gif
I never saw that. I feel left out now...

If have a date,the 8's a far better choice,the STi,even with the Tein EDFC,is still choppy as hell and not quiet,at all.
I take my dates out in my RallyCross beater Jeep.

Oh! So that's why I'm still single!
default_smile.png

you all must realize that most racing has little to do with the car and the power, but it has LOTS to do with the driver skills! I watched an ancient 280z that had been dug out of a farmers field 2 months prior, and with a slipping clutch, set fast time of the day at a winter rallycross. There were prep'd rally cars there, Sti's, Evo's, audi's. And yet a RWD car set FTD on a "fun run"!

Al and I have rx'd my RS and he got first in class and FTD and I got like 10th or something in class. Same car, different drivers, different results.

You can have all the car you want, but it's still all about the driver.

BTW. http://www.teamoneil.com

PS can't wait to get my arse handed to me at Storyland!
how would that 280z do in a time attack against this sti? he is building a time attack and street car, not a rally x or auto x car... He is actually building a race/street car.

I would like to see this car and take a spin in it. Good work... some things not to my taste but still a solid nice car.
it could do really well considering it sounds like it has a great driver and whos knows about stixxx.

Dear STiXXX,

If you actually show up to a CMC event and enter your STI or RX8 for autocross, I'll buy you a monster energy drink of your choice.

If you are within 1 second of my Raw time, I'll buy you dinner.

If you equal or beat my time, I'll pay your entry fee.

If you truely are up for some good friendly comp. Come try and take me down. Man.

Here is my lame 1990 Civic Si on street tires.

l_b9cb7e33fd86d2261f516008c667d964.jpg

my point missed (or ignored) yet again :
default_redface.gif
my point is it doesn't matter how fast the car is, 2 different drivers can get different results. It also does not matter what type of racing it is either. I could drive this purported beast of an STi in a time attack and get my arse kicked by many of you driving a Honda Civic ;D I'm not saying STiXXX is not a good driver or his car is not fast, aint met him or the car, but you have to admit driver skill comes into play. How do you think Pedro kick's arse in a girlie car?
default_smile.png

Driver skill will get you the win, not necessarily the car!

Dear STiXXX,

If you actually show up to a CMC event and enter your STI or RX8 for autocross, I'll buy you a monster energy drink of your choice.

If you are within 1 second of my Raw time, I'll buy you dinner.

If you equal or beat my time, I'll pay your entry fee.

If you truely are up for some good friendly comp. Come try and take me down. Man.

Here is my lame 1990 Civic Si on street tires.

l_b9cb7e33fd86d2261f516008c667d964.jpg
civics/crx's do very very well autocrossing...

civics/crx's do very very well autocrossing...
You are absolutely correct Sir! But, if this man is the universe champion that he says he is, and his car is the fist machine that he says it is, he should have no problem in laying the smack on me!

Let's see here...

On that "Nice STi for sale...and why I didj't buy a pre-modified car"

That one was a good deal,but I wanted to make my own choices,for better or worse,not buy a pre-modded car.

I was going to buy,before the 8,a heavily-modded,wide-body twin turbo RX-7. One of the "faster/furious-er" rides...But something was missing-the choices that come with a build. You always lose your shirt putting money (read: personalizing) into these rides,but at $30K,that STi was an absolute steal from what I saw.

Hell,I've got $40K in the RX-8,(bought it new,it's seen rain,I think, three times!) & I'd probably sell it for $25K any day of the week!

On auto-X: To come out and race people that know what they're doing,when I don't,rings with abject absurdity. Pass.

I'll come and watch one this summer-and you guys should come to Import Wars,that'll be a hoot!
default_redface.gif

I have a Grand Idea: Why don't you all come to The Togue Event?

It's the first ever in North America,and there's several categories including time attack and drifting-on page one of this thread,there's details and links,it's a historic event,and pretty amazing,if you look at the scope of it all.

Back